Likes Likes:  339
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Beerneuring BAFS 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Default Beerneuring BAFS 2019

Do you like to bike? Do you like beer? If so, this side bet is for you. The rules are simple:

1. Ride your bike to a brewery or brewpub. I estimate that there are over 50 breweries or brewpubs that can be reached by bike from DC, over 10 of them are in DC.
    2. Acquire a beer brewed at that location.
    3. Take a picture of the beer.
    4. Taste the beer.
    5. Post on this thread the picture of the beer, the location, and a comment about the beer. It can be anything from "tastes mostly like beer" to "the hop aroma contained grapefruit pith and apricot that was matched by a good malt backbone, which added a hint of graham cracker".
    6. Whomever posts entries from the most number of breweries or brewpubs by the end of Freezing Saddles wins!
    7. The winner will receive a bottle of beer that reflects the nature of the competition. If only a few participate and the winner had 3 entries, then you will get a good bottle but nothing super special. If the competition is heated and the winner has 30 entries, then I will do my best to get something special.

A few further clarifications:

1. BE SAFE! No riding while under the influence. If you rode your bike to the brewery but find that you need to get a ride or take Metro home, the entry still counts.
    2. You can go to more than one brewery on a ride, but see above.
    3. The beer must be made at that location. Having a 3 Stars at the local bar does not count. Nothing at the Capital City in DC counts because the beer is made somewhere else (and RIP Cap City Shirlington).
    4. Some brewpubs have more than one location. A trip to each location counts.
    5. Keep in mind that this competition is to visit the most number of breweries and brewpubs. Once you visit and have a beer at a brewery or brewpub, then you cannot post another entry for that brewery or brewpub, even if you go back later and try a different beer.
    6. It is not required, but try to go on at least one brewery tour. Fun, educational and you usually get to sample beer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ride-bikes-drink-beer.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	18709

Post Thanks / Like

Post reserved for future use (don't know why but all of the cool kids are doing it)

3. Likes CBGanimal, Steve O, huskerdont liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mad Fox Brewing Co. (Falls Church, VA)
    Kellerbier Kölsch
    The beer tasted good so I had another.

https://www.strava.com/activities/20...S&v=1546382125

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes TimmyD, secstate, sjclaeys, Nadine, Steve O, Sunyata liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lossomes View Post
    Mad Fox Brewing Co. (Falls Church, VA)
    Kellerbier Kölsch
    The beer tasted good so I had another.

Day 1 beerneuring. Strong move.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jrenaut; 01-02-2019 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Remove photo for readability

7. Likes lossomes, LhasaCM, sjclaeys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never been even a moderately competitive player at this - but I love it! I hope you'll lead a beeraneuring ride or two, Steve.

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually came in third one time, but got nerfed near the end, and I have made it a point to NOT try for the overall prize, but to focus on breweries I have never visited before. Since most of those, for me, at this point are ones in places I haven't ridden, I think adding a little comment on the riding conditions may be appropriate (plus it will I hope give me a change to kvetch about riding on the arterials of Loudoun County)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Beerneuring #1

Lost Rhino on 1/2 with Boomer Cycles and CBGAnimal. Despite the less than friendly drivers out yonder, we didn't die. (The route there off the WOD is much more tame on weekends.) I had the Face Plant, a consistently good IPA with the resin finish that I love.

Name:	20190102_151008.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	18726

11. Likes lossomes, CBGanimal, sjclaeys, Sunyata liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    I've never been even a moderately competitive player at this - but I love it! I hope you'll lead a beeraneuring ride or two, Steve.

I second that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by reji View Post
    Lost Rhino on 1/2 with Boomer Cycles and CBGAnimal. Despite the less than friendly drivers out yonder, we didn't die. (The route there off the WOD is much more tame on weekends.) I had the Face Plant, a consistently good IPA with the resin finish that I love.

I resemble that remark, and drank 5 beers across the light to dark spectrum, including an Irish Mist which included hints of coffee (and therefore eligible for #coffeeneuring points?;-). The riding conditions were treacherous, largely due to chasing @reji all afternoon on her new Liv road bike at high speeds, and a patch of wet cement!:-0

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Boomer2U; 01-05-2019 at 11:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by reji View Post

New rule! If you number your beerneuring titles like reji did, then you get an extra point because the Beerneuringmeister (TM) is lazy.