Likes Likes:  176
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Beerneuring BAFS 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sjclaeys View Post
    You never know how competitive some folks will get and I'd hate for an innocent bicycle to get harmed.
    Relevance?

If the bicycle was harmed (or not) during the process seems irrelevant to the eligibility of the pointless prize crediting rules...unless of course “intent” to harm said bicycle can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.
    Given that several witnesses were present at the time, I think @Emm is within her rights to call for judgement by a jury of her peers. Said witnesses could be subpoenaed to give testimony at a local brewery or distillery were judgement by her peers can be rendered, presided by the sponsors of the pointless prizes in question in order to ensure due process according to the Rules. Amen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes Judd liked this post
    Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer2U View Post
    Relevance?

If the bicycle was harmed (or not) during the process seems irrelevant to the eligibility of the pointless prize crediting rules...unless of course “intent” to harm said bicycle can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.
    Given that several witnesses were present at the time, I think @Emm is within her rights to call for judgement by a jury of her peers. Said witnesses could be subpoenaed to give testimony at a local brewery or distillery were judgement by her peers can be rendered, presided by the sponsors of the pointless prizes in question in order to ensure due process according to the Rules. Amen

I’m calling for a special counsel to be appointed.

4. Likes Steve O, Emm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer2U View Post
    Relevance?

I'm sorry, you seem to be under the delusion that this contest is run as some kind of democracy with niceties like due process and juries. IT IS NOT!

6. Likes Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Beerneuring #6

1/8 at Caboose in Vienna with fxbooks and an unexpected reunion with our favorite neighbors from our house in Fairfax. I had The Fog, my go-to IPA when I swing by Caboose.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the fog.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	18832

8. Likes sjclaeys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Another fortuitous scenario where I was motivated to ride from this stupid contest AND happened upon a cidery that I didn’t know existed.

Having the house flight at Capitol Cider House. Good selection, good prices, games are available as well as food!

10. Likes sjclaeys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Beerneuring #7

1/11 at Crooked Run with SMH9600. I had Home Alone, an IPA, that is described by Crooked Run as pairing well with pizza or room service.

Name:	20190111_164319.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	18889

12. Likes sjclaeys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Beerneuring #8

1/12 at Blue Jacket. I missed Sarah B and the cleanup crew on the ART and hoped to catch them there. Didn't so I drowned my tears in an Essex, a cask ESB. Really nice brew with herbaceous notes and just enough bitterness. I need more ESB's in my life.

Name:	20190112_114842.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	18890

14. Likes CBGanimal, sjclaeys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Atlas Brewing. Dance of Days. Wonderfully drinkable IPA.

16. Likes sjclaeys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Beerneuring #1

I am getting a late start to Beerneuring this year. But hey, there are still two months to destroy my liver by bike!

So, for beer number one, while the trails were frozen, we did a nice loop at Lake Fairfax and swung by the Bike Lane and had a couple of delicious beers before heading back to the parking lot.

I had both the In the Black IPA and the N+1 Red Ale. Both were quite delicious with the In the Black having a nice balance of hops and malts. Seriously a delicious beer.

Name:	IMG_7340[1].jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	18978
    Last edited by Sunyata; 01-15-2019 at 08:41 AM.

18. Likes sjclaeys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default josh #1 -- The Bike Lane

Swung by The Bike Lane after work today for a beer and a coffee because I'm all about efficiency. I happened to run into bikedavid there as well. The In The Black IPA was pretty good (tasted like beer, not too hoppy) and also matched my nitro coffee. Wondering if I should've gotten the nitro porter instead.

Name:	IMG_20190115_180920.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	18989

20. Likes CBGanimal, sjclaeys, bikedavid liked this post