Likes Likes:  87
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pastry ride pointless prize

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pastry ride pointless prize

I think we all need something to go along with all those coffee rides! Not sure if our esteemed Edelweiss will be offering a donut ride pointless prize but I would like to offer a pastry ride pointless prize. There could be a bit of overlap with cream puffs and Kouign-amann. The rules are similar to chuxtr's coffee ride.

1. The object is to visit as many different places serving pastries as possible on a bike. Once you visit one place, that's it. A second visit to the same venue doesn't count.

2. Chains are allowed. However once you visit one chain outlet that's it. A visit to the same outlet but at a different location doesn't count.

3. Bakeries, coffee places, groceries, e.g., Safeway, Whole Foods, and convenience stores for some "swamp" bakeries, e.g., 7-11, Wawa, are fine. The chain rule applies so once you visit one of them that's it.

4. For your ride to count, use #FS2019pastryride in your Strava ride title and include the name of the place you visited, e.g., #FS2019pastryride Breadfurst. Not required, but encouraged, is to also post pics on your Strava. And if you want to post your Strava ride link and pics on this thread for all to see, that would be fun too (but not required).

5. Acceptable forms of pastry. Croissant, pain au chocolat, tarts, macaron, oui. Probably should have consulted someone that bakes but I believe donuts do NOT count unless it is in the form of a cream puff. However, as I understand pies like apple strudel are a type of pastry so they DO count.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pastry

6. You are free to combine this with other rides. Pastries naturally go well with coffee rides.

7. The winner will be whoever has visited the most different pastry places.

Let me know if there are any questions. Happy nibbling!

2. Likes CBGanimal, bentbike33, Edelweiss, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pastry riders! You may use the following to check how you are doing:

https://freezingsaddles.org/pointles...2019pastryride

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

#FS2019pastryride #1 at Schäfer dein Bäcker in Oberursel for a Schokobrötchen und Café Crème.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02924.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	18912

Name:	DSC02925.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	18913

Name:	DSC02926.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	18914

Name:	DSC02927.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	18915

Name:	DSC02929.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	18916

5. Likes CBGanimal, bikedavid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

#FS2019pastryride #2 on a rainy Monday morning riding from Frankfurt to Bad Vilbel via the Hohe Staße and Gronau. Stopped at the Wewe Café on the Stadtbibliothek Brücke in Bad Vilbel for an Americano and Obsttortelette

Name:	DSC02932.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	18936 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02931.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	18937 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02930.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	18938

7. Likes bikedavid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

#FS2019pastryride #3. I rode my Salsa Pistola to get some road miles in before the temperature drops next week. I stopped at the Bäckerei Moos in Rosbach vor der Höhe for lunch with a brie and tomato roll, coffee crema, and a plunder mit pudding.

Attachment 18983 Attachment 18984 Attachment 18985

9. Likes bikedavid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

#FS2019pastryride #4, on the Pugsley riding unpaved loops in the Volkspark Niddatal and Grüneburg Park before stopping for a Cappuccino und Apfelkuchen at Cinelli's (H)Eis & More in Westend Nord.

Attachment 18994 Attachment 18995 Attachment 18996 Attachment 18997
    Last edited by consularrider; 01-16-2019 at 11:07 AM.

11. Likes CBGanimal, bikedavid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

#FS2019pastryride #5. This time pastry and coffee were from different places. I stopped by the Consulate thinking of a long ride, but was having rear brake pad issues that I couldn't adjust on the fly, so I decided to stop by my local Fahrradwerkstatt for an appointment to get them looked at (how I miss Bikenetic where they would generally put the bike on the stand for something like this instead of giving me an appointment for eight days later ) Anyway, I headed to the Café Ruppel on Eckenheimer Landstraße across from the entrance to the Hauptfriedhof (main cemetery). I been meaning to go there for the past two years. It turns out it is two businesses, the sit down Café and the carryout Konditorei which doesn't have a coffee machine. I got a Kirschplunderstückchen (like a cherry Danish). That I brought home to eat (does that count?).

Name:	DSC02945.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	19001 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02941.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	19002 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02942.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	19003
    Last edited by consularrider; 01-17-2019 at 05:16 AM.

13. Likes bikedavid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

#FS2019pastryride #6. A loop to Hanau where we stopped at Henri und Leo in the downtown pedestrian zone. I had a basic Kaffee Tasse, Flammkuchen klassischer (sort of a German pizza), and a Windbeutel mit Kirschen (cream puff with cherries).

Attachment 19019 Attachment 19020 Attachment 19021

15. Likes CBGanimal, bikedavid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

#FS2019pastryride #7. I was going to try and figure out the elevation of the Taunus snowline, but once again I got turned around in Bad Homburg and decided to save it for another day. I should have plenty of opportunity since it will be at or below freezing for the extended forecast (but no snow until next weekend). But first I stopped at Kamps Backstube on Louisenstraße in Bad Homburg's pedestrian zone (don't ride through there Monday to Saturday). I had a mid-size Kaffee Crema and three mini=croissants (two were Schoko).

Attachment 19046 Along the Nidda River in the Bonames Nordpark

Attachment 19047 Not quite Trollheim bridge over Friedrichsdorfer Straße at Gonzenheim, Bad Homburg

Attachment 19048 Attachment 19049 Attachment 19050

17. Likes bikedavid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pastry ride #1 — Killer ESP

Hauling trash out of Belle Haven in the frigid air stirred a hunger that tacos just couldn’t satisfy. Emm put me straight: killer cherry pie on King Street. Not too sweet, and a crust even Dad could respect.

Name:	C50C895D-DE04-4D74-8B89-C58CC82F2D32.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	19056

19. Likes komorebi, consularrider, bikedavid liked this post