Likes Likes:  16
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2019 Michigander-You call THAT a snow day?!-Prize

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
    Oh snap! Two in one year! It's SNOW DAY TIME!
    Tomorrow, February 20 will be another chance to add mileage to your Michigander Prize total. Finally, a race!
    Funny, I've been in DC for both Snow Days. We've had 16 school snow days where I am in Michigan (quite a few local Gov't shutdowns too). Appears DC area is made of tougher stuff than Michiganders.
    Might also have something to do with Michigan's horrible unpaved road system and rotten paved road maintenance that makes it too dangerous for school buses.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob James View Post
    Funny, I've been in DC for both Snow Days. We've had 16 school snow days where I am in Michigan (quite a few local Gov't shutdowns too). Appears DC area is made of tougher stuff than Michiganders.
    Might also have something to do with Michigan's horrible unpaved road system and rotten paved road maintenance that makes it too dangerous for school buses.
    FWIW my family back home have been perplexed by the closure state of affairs. My mom is convinced kids don't go to school anymore.

As for the roads, they just straight up suck. My father-in-law has a theory about the stranglehold of "big concrete" keeping M-DOT from using asphalt like a civilized realm. Others point to a moral aversion to road tolls. Whatever the reason, you can actually feel the difference as soon as your cross state lines.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

3. Likes Bob James liked this post