Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: ACTION NEEDED: Strava Authorization link back up - please re-authorize

Post Thanks / Like

Default ACTION NEEDED: Strava Authorization link back up - please re-authorize

Iíve just fixed the issues with the Strava Authorization feature on the Freezing Saddles web site. Everyone who had trouble doing this in the last 10 days or so should re-authorize by going to https://freezingsaddles.org/authorize now!

If you had previously authorized AND you allowed Strava to read your private activities, and it went through, you donít need to re-authorize.

HOWEVER, If you only let it read your public activities you will need to authorize again as Strava changed it so that we canít tell what team you are on unless we get permission to read your full profile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes Shawnbeast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by obscurerichard View Post
    Iíve just fixed the issues with the Strava Authorization feature on the Freezing Saddles web site. Everyone who had trouble doing this in the last 10 days or so should re-authorize by going to https://freezingsaddles.org/authorize now!

If you had previously authorized AND you allowed Strava to read your private activities, and it went through, you donít need to re-authorize.

HOWEVER, If you only let it read your public activities you will need to authorize again as Strava changed it so that we canít tell what team you are on unless we get permission to read your full profile.

Richard Does this mean we have to authorize strava to read our private activities now? Because that's what I just got from your message.

Thanks for all your work on this, and for stepping up in the first place!

Post Thanks / Like

I'll ask another potentially stupid question: If we don't have any private activities, do we still need to authorize Strava to read them?

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by obscurerichard View Post

Thanks for fixing. I just completed this step this morning. Too late to be on a team? (I will slack if I'm not on a team, but think I would still like to be on a team this year)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthemark View Post
    Thanks for fixing. I just completed this step this morning. Too late to be on a team? (I will slack if I'm not on a team, but think I would still like to be on a team this year)
    If you late register, you'll be put on a wait list to substitute for people who drop out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthemark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chuxtr View Post
    If you late register, you'll be put on a wait list to substitute for people who drop out.
    Just to clarify, those who late register will be on a waiting list. However, those who registered on time but are just completing this step now are already on teams.

8. Likes Raymo853 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Richard Does this mean we have to authorize strava to read our private activities now? Because that's what I just got from your message.

Thanks for all your work on this, and for stepping up in the first place!

No, the authorization form still gives you the choice of whether to allow Strava to read your private activities. You can still withhold those and participate.

However, due to Strava tightening user security they no longer grant the right to view your full profile automatically to apps that previously had been granted access to read your public activities. So in the authentication page Strava sends you as part of this process, there's a box labeled "View your complete Strava profile" that has to be checked in order for Freezing Saddles software to view your team membership. It needs that in order to track what team you are on. That won't be an issue until the Happy Hour when the teams are announced, however.

10. Likes josh liked this post