Likes Likes:  456
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Rides, gatherings, and events for FS 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrTinDC View Post
    Hi all,

I'm interested in the duck ride. One question - coming from DC, I'd take the Key Bridge to the Custis Trail, but then what is best way to get to the Lyon Village Starbucks?
    Isn't that the one right off the Custis? I.e you'd take the Custis to a bit before the corkscrew part, then hop into the parking lot and you're there?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 2.51.34 PM.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	9.1 KB 
ID:	19324

2. Likes Steve O, Nadine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bikedavid View Post
    Some members from Flurrious Team 15 will be at Union Trust tomorrow night (Wed 6th) for happy hour. Come join us to celebrate the brief respite in flurries and arctic weather.

Union Trust
    740 15th St NW (between H St and Penn/New York)
    From 6 PM onwards
    I tentatively plan to stop by -- a friend who might need moving help has dibs, but otherwise I'll see you all in a bit!

4. Likes bikedavid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Isn't that the one right off the Custis? I.e you'd take the Custis to a bit before the corkscrew part, then hop into the parking lot and you're there?

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 2.51.34 PM.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	9.1 KB 
ID:	19324
    Yes it is.

My question for komorebi: when you say 2.5 flights of stairs - are these all in a row, or is it slightly broken up? (Trying to figure out how feasible this would be if I have M with me, and for the life of me I can't picture where the stairs are on this route.)

6. Likes Nadine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LhasaCM View Post
    Yes it is.

My question for komorebi: when you say 2.5 flights of stairs - are these all in a row, or is it slightly broken up? (Trying to figure out how feasible this would be if I have M with me, and for the life of me I can't picture where the stairs are on this route.)
    Pretty sure it's around mile 1.8, heading up the stairs from Lee Highway to N Scott St. Here's some people headed down those stairs during komorebi's Arlington bike lane ride. Your option to avoid the stairs would be continuing along Lee Highway, climbing N Quinn, making a right on N Scott, and then regrouping.

Name:	steps.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	102.9 KB 
ID:	19330
    Last edited by josh; 02-06-2019 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Added detour

8. Likes Nadine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, thank you, I know where that is! The shopping Center with The Italian Store and Big Wheel Bikes... I hope to make the ride!

10. Likes kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty sure it's around mile 1.8, heading up the stairs from Lee Highway to N Scott St. Here's some people headed down those stairs during komorebi's Arlington bike lane ride. Your option to avoid the stairs would be continuing along Lee Highway, climbing N Quinn, making a right on N Scott, and then regrouping.

Name:	steps.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	102.9 KB 
ID:	19330
    Ahhh, yes. Those stairs (and that would fit with the route map).

I fell down those once (walking - this was before I realized how awesome and easy biking was) so must've just blocked them from my memory.

Thanks for the intel!

Post Thanks / Like

The Team 2 Bikes & Brews ride has been postponed again, possibly until sometime in March (after we recover from Komorebi's ride on the 23rd).

Shira
    Last edited by shirag; 02-15-2019 at 02:07 PM.

13. Likes Emm, kwarkentien, Nadine, MrTinDC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Josh is correct on both fronts.

We'll also be going up and down a half-flight of stairs at the intersection of Key Blvd. and N. Uhle St. -- i.e., where N. Uhle St. would continue southward if there weren't buildings and a parking lot in the way. Here's the Google StreetView link (not sure if that'll work). It's pretty easy to ride around those stairs using N. Veitch St. and Key Blvd.

15. Likes LhasaCM, Nadine, josh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just to make the weekend more complicated ...Team 12 will also be doing a Strava Art (baby elephant) on Saturday February 9th at 10am! We will be meeting at Whole Foods in the corner of 12th st and Eads between Crystal City and Pentagon City...

So if you canít do Komorebiís ride on a Sunday and still want to try your hand at Strava Art come out on Saturday! Or do both as I plan to!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Not so frosty mugs with Flurrious Team 15 and friends. Missing secstate in the photo. Thanks for coming out!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bikedavid; 02-06-2019 at 10:41 PM.

18. Likes kwarkentien, Nadine, CBGanimal, secstate liked this post