Likes Likes:  597
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Rides, gatherings, and events for FS 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Another successful Team X Brewery stop. Thanks for coming, everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for hosting another great ride, Josephine! Sun, dumplings, and great company!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SarahBee View Post
    Thanks for hosting another great ride, Josephine! Sun, dumplings, and great company!!!
    We had up to 16 riders at one point. Komorebi rides are don't-miss!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0346.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	19303

Name:	IMG_0348.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	19304

Name:	IMG_0353.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	19305

Name:	IMG_0374.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	19306

EDIT: Apparently, the forum software was developed for the southern hemisphere. For any non-Australians, please flip your monitor over.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for coming to the dumpling ride, everyone. Including the people who came just for coffee or lunch, I think we had 18 people. It was fun riding and munching with you all!

I'm planning an open-invite Strava art ride (likely this Sunday) and pastry ride (date TBD). Stay tuned.

5. Likes jen_stoly, bikedavid, Steve O, camiller, Nadine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Some photos from the Great Dumpling ride. Tagged along to audit making sure everyone was eating their share of dumplings. First time for me and probably all of us hitting two dim sum places in one day! Thanks to Josephine for organizing the ride.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Strava art ride, 2/10 at 1:30 p.m.

In honor of the world's loneliest duck, I plan to ride a Strava art duck on Sunday, February 10. Everyone is welcome to join, particularly those who are curious about Strava art.

Details:
    -- Meet at the Starbucks in Lyon Village, 3125 Lee Hwy. in Arlington, at 1:30 p.m. on Sunday, February 10.
    -- Route: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29275735, about 20 miles.
    -- Social pace (12-15 mph), no drop.
    -- I'll probably grab a snack at the Italian Store in Lyon Village after the ride.

Because no Strava art ride would be complete without some urban adventuring, be prepared to (1) carry your bike up 2.5 flights of stairs,* (2) offroad on two short grass or dirt slopes, (3) salmon on the sidewalk for a block, and (4) ride on busy streets like Washington Blvd. and Wilson Blvd.

*If you're not a purist about avoiding Strava pauses and want to skip the stairs, you can pause Strava, ride a few extra blocks, and meet us at the top of the stairs.
    Last edited by komorebi; 02-06-2019 at 11:41 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Some members from Flurrious Team 15 will be at Union Trust tomorrow night (Wed 6th) for happy hour. Come join us to celebrate the brief respite in flurries and arctic weather.

Union Trust
    740 15th St NW (between H St and Penn/New York)
    From 6 PM onwards
    Last edited by bikedavid; 02-05-2019 at 01:06 PM.

9. Likes bmif, secstate, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by komorebi View Post
    I plan to ride a Strava art duck on Sunday, February 10. Everyone is welcome to join, particularly those who are curious about Strava art.

Details:
    -- Meet at the Starbucks in Lyon Village, 3125 Lee Hwy. in Arlington, at 1:30 p.m. on Sunday, February 10.
    -- Route: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29275735, about 20 miles.
    -- Social pace (12-15 mph), no drop.
    -- I'll probably grab a snack at the Italian Store in Lyon Village after the ride.
    Not yet on Strava here, but I am going to try and join you anyway -- curious to see how the resulting art looks on the Apple Watch - Bike Workout's map of a completed ride...
    Also -- is the tip of the tail of your duck safe from the trail closure/detour (mentioned in another forum thread here) -- that goes into effect I think 2/11? (ie, if that 2/11 date is honored, and the detour isn't activated beforehand.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Christob50 View Post
    Not yet on Strava here, but I am going to try and join you anyway -- curious to see how the resulting art looks on the Apple Watch - Bike Workout's map of a completed ride...
    Also -- is the tip of the tail of your duck safe from the trail closure/detour (mentioned in another forum thread here) -- that goes into effect I think 2/11? (ie, if that 2/11 date is honored, and the detour isn't activated beforehand.)
    Good question about the trail closure. We'll be turning from the W&OD onto the Custis, and my understanding is that part of the trail network will remain open even after the detour goes into effect. But your question also reminded me to check the status of the 7th Street South trail detour. That work is still ongoing, so I had to tweak the route a bit. Now we'll be doing even more offroading, and having extra fun (woohoo!).

Looking forward to seeing you and anyone else interested on Sunday.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all,

I'm interested in the duck ride. One question - coming from DC, I'd take the Key Bridge to the Custis Trail, but then what is best way to get to the Lyon Village Starbucks?