Likes Likes:  597
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Rides, gatherings, and events for FS 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by komorebi View Post
    Weather update for Sunday's Bakeries, Brews, and Booze ride: we've got the classic good news and bad news. The good news is that the temperatures are likely to be warmer than what the forecasters were predicting earlier this week. The bad news is that it's likely to start raining in the afternoon.
    Sounds like a plan. If it stays clear, Woohoo! If it doesn't, I'll get to use my new rain jacket. Either way, total fun. Thanks for doing this.
    Dave

2. Likes rumipumi, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Friendly Guy View Post
    BAFS 2019 Strava Art Group Ride--Leviathan!

All are invited (of course, Team 16: SLEET 16s) to join in a fun Strava art ride in Arlington on Sunday, Mar 10th. Meet 915 AM at Best Buns in Shirlington, for coffee/snack, if desired before the ride. Wheels rolling from Shirlington at 10 AM. Drawing start and end is at at the intersection of W&OD and Carlin Springs Rd. You can meet us there at ~10:20 AM and complete the 12-mile art ride in about an hour's time. No drop; average speed 9-12 mph. There are a few techniques I can show you about doing Strava Art, we will have to cross a couple of parks, a staircase, and a sidewalk for a stretch along a one-way street. Whether you are an experienced Strava artist or a newbie, it will be fun for all. After, if we're hungry for lunch, we can ride to Ballston for lots of possibilities.

SUMMARY

• Sunday March 10
    • Meet 915 AM at Best Buns in Shirlington, for coffee/snack, if desired before the ride.
    • Wheels rolling from Shirlington at 10 AM.
    • Drawing start and end is at at the intersection of W&OD and Carlin Springs Rd.
    • You can meet us there at ~10:20 AM
    • Complete the 12-mile art ride is about an hour's ride time.
    • No drop; average speed 9-12 mph.

I call this Leviathan
    https://ridewithgps.com/routes/49952...4oBep2iraK2HeE

Wow David that's beautiful. I'd love to come on this ride (so thanks for commenting about it on Joan's ride! ) I'm sick right now but a week oughtta be long enough to get better.... I hope!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes CBGanimal liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Reminder for the March 9 group ride in DC, leading up to a private group tour at Washington National Cathedral.

Details here (including required Eventbrite registration)

http://bikearlingtonforum.com/showth...795#post187795

6. Likes CBGanimal liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Heads up! Sunday, March 10 is the first day of DAYLIGHT SAVINGS, so don't forget to change your clocks so you don't miss us!

BAFS 2019 Strava Art Group Ride--Leviathan!

All are invited (of course, Team 16: SLEET 16s) to join in a fun Strava art ride in Arlington on Sunday, Mar 10th. Meet 915 AM at Best Buns in Shirlington, for coffee/snack, if desired before the ride. Wheels rolling from Shirlington at 10 AM. Drawing start and end is at at the intersection of W&OD and Carlin Springs Rd. You can meet us there at ~10:20 AM and complete the 12-mile art ride in about an hour's time. No drop; average speed 9-12 mph. There are a few techniques I can show you about doing Strava Art, we will have to cross a couple of parks, a staircase, and a sidewalk for a stretch along a one-way street. Whether you are an experienced Strava artist or a newbie, it will be fun for all. After, if we're hungry for lunch, we can ride to Ballston for lots of possibilities.

SUMMARY

• Sunday March 10
    • Meet 915 AM at Best Buns in Shirlington, for coffee/snack, if desired before the ride.
    • Wheels rolling from Shirlington at 10 AM.
    • Drawing start and end is at at the intersection of W&OD and Carlin Springs Rd.
    • You can meet us there at ~10:20 AM
    • Complete the 12-mile art ride is about an hour's ride time.
    • No drop; average speed 9-12 mph.

I call this Leviathan
    https://ridewithgps.com/routes/49952...4oBep2iraK2HeE

8. Likes Steve O, bikedavid, streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Weather update for Sunday's Bakeries, Brews, and Booze ride: we've got the classic good news and bad news. The good news is that the temperatures are likely to be warmer than what the forecasters were predicting earlier this week. The bad news is that it's likely to start raining in the afternoon.
    The forecast for tomorrow looks pretty dreadful, but yes, I'm still crazy enough to ride. Bring your rain gear and whatever extra clothes, socks, or gloves you need to be comfortable at the stops. This is a no-hypothermia-allowed event.

This shorter route we'll be using is at https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29419142.
    Last edited by komorebi; 03-02-2019 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Added link to route

Post Thanks / Like

The forecast for tomorrow looks pretty dreadful, but yes, I'm still crazy enough to ride. Bring your rain gear and whatever extra clothes, socks, or gloves you need to be comfortable at the stops. This is a no-hypothermia-allowed event.

This shorter route we'll be using is at https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29419142.
    I'm afraid I'll have to withdraw from the ride tomorrow. The weather plus some issues at home will keep me away. Those who go, stay warm!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jen_stoly View Post
    I'm afraid I'll have to withdraw from the ride tomorrow. The weather plus some issues at home will keep me away. Those who go, stay warm!

Iím also going to bow out. Thanks for organizating.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rides, gatherings, and events for FS 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Iím also going to bow out. Thanks for organizating.
    Jo and I will be there. I'll just keep reminding myself through all the misery that nobody can tell you're crying in the rain...

Post Thanks / Like

SarahBee and I are in. Looks like rain won't arrive until this afternoon, so hoping for the best, planning for the worst!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wear your Meadworks Gear and get a discount

1. Christy, Jessica, Rumi, and Lissa will be meeting up with Jo and Ricky this AM to ride south to meet folks at Velo this AM
    2. If any folks have Meadworks biking gear, wear it! you get a discount! ( Link to order: http://www.tinyurl.org/meadworks )

15. Likes jen_stoly liked this post