Likes Likes:  456
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Rides, gatherings, and events for FS 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Frosty Mugs with Squadra Frosty

Team 5 will host happy hour in the basement of Meridian Pint (3400 11th Street NW 20010) this coming Wednesday (1/30). I'll plan to arrive at 6pm and am told that the bar has a fine selection of taps that will surely keep me entertained until at least 8.

11th Street is a great strip of bars, restaurants, and row houses, and is very cycling-friendly. I think of it as a low-key version of U Street.

This is a great chance to meet the riders behind the team that will be gradually ascending past yours in the rankings.

2. 01-24-2019, 11:20 AM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emm View Post
    *posting on behalf of HandleBarsDC who still can't figure out how to use the forum*

Do you like exploring new and exciting parts of DC? If so, this Sunday, Jan 27, join Handlebars, MrT, EMM, Steve O, and Shira for a fun ride to explore the alleyways included in this dcist article.

Details
    Meeting Time: Roll out at 9:30ish am from Dogtag Bakery in Georgetown, 3206 Grace St NW. They have great pie and cake (and more traditional breakfast options), so get there early!
    Route: This is the general route. We'll get lunch in Barracks Row, and end at Bar Roubaix.
    Pace: Social, no drop.
    Questions: Send them to me and I'll try to ask Handlebars, or bug her yourself on twitter
    I'm going to try and join you. Free agent--no FS team.

4. Likes Emm, MrTinDC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smb9600 View Post
    Team 8 is planning a Falls Church beer tour on Saturday, Jan 26, including Settle DownEasy Brewery, Mad Fox Brewery, Audacious Aleworks Brewery. We’ll leave from Best Buns at 10am.

Route details to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi All! Hope you can make Saturday’s beer-Ride! The route link is below (thanks so Sunyata for your help!). We’ll be riding past the Falls Church Distillery for those who are Spiritnuering, & anyone who wants to hit a 4th brewery at the end, Caboose is just a bit further. Food is available at both Mad Fox & Settle Down breweries.

I’ll be at Best Buns a little before 10am if you’d like to get a coffee/snack. Wheels down at 10:15am. Looking forward to seeing you!

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29228853

6. Likes Judd, bmif, Sunyata, msalemme liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smb9600 View Post
    Hi All! Hope you can make Saturday’s beer-Ride! The route link is below (thanks so Sunyata for your help!). We’ll be riding past the Falls Church Distillery for those who are Spiritnuering, & anyone who wants to hit a 4th brewery at the end, Caboose is just a bit further. Food is available at both Mad Fox & Settle Down breweries.

I’ll be at Best Buns a little before 10am if you’d like to get a coffee/snack. Wheels down at 10:15am. Looking forward to seeing you!

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29228853

I will meet everyone at Mad Fox around 11. Really excited to hang out and have a beverage with you guys! It has been TOO long.

8. Likes smb9600, Boomer2U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emm View Post
    *posting on behalf of HandleBarsDC who still can't figure out how to use the forum*

Do you like exploring new and exciting parts of DC? If so, this Sunday, Jan 27, join Handlebars, MrT, EMM, Steve O, and Shira for a fun ride to explore the alleyways included in this dcist article.

Details
    Meeting Time: Roll out at 9:30ish am from Dogtag Bakery in Georgetown, 3206 Grace St NW. They have great pie and cake (and more traditional breakfast options), so get there early!
    Route: This is the general route. We'll get lunch in Barracks Row, and end at Bar Roubaix.
    Pace: Social, no drop.
    Questions: Send them to me and I'll try to ask Handlebars, or bug her yourself on twitter
    I'll represent Team 15! I actually know a person that lives in the infamous tree-house alley

10. Likes Emm, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sunyata View Post
    I will meet everyone at Mad Fox around 11. Really excited to hang out and have a beverage with you guys! It has been TOO long.
    Ditto for me, too: rendezvous @ Mad Fox @11AM (as I've been wanting to try their newly uncorked Razor Burn Mexican Hot Chocolate Stout!)

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

12. Likes CBGanimal liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

CrosspostThe weather SUNDAY January 27 looks decidedly UN-FREEZING. Let's go for a RIDE!

Hains Point to Lake Artemesia via the ART. Hains Point, pass by the Wharf, Nats Stadium, Yards Park and the Navy Yard. Take the 11th St bridge to the ART, ART to Lake Artemesia.
    We will return via the other side of the river, for a quick photo op and OHH -AHH at Kingman Island.

35 miles RT
    Mostly flat
    Social pace. It ain't a race.

START TIME: 10:30
    Please arrive by 10:15

2 rest stops: Bladensburg Water Park and Lake Artemesia. Bathrooms here and water. NO FOOD.

RUMI M tells me there will be some sort of SURPRISE STOP at a MeadWorks.

START at the Parking lot, Golf Course, Hains Point
    972 Ohio Dr SW, Washington, DC 20024

Feel free to email or text me with any questions.

Here is the RWGPS: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29235379

Here is the CUE SHEET: HP_to_Lake_Artemesia__MeadWorks.pdf

Regards, Jessica Hirschhorn
    Captain
    License to CHILL

hirhoward@yahoo.com
    240 286-4815

14. Likes bikedavid, streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bmif View Post
    TEAM X - SNOW PATROL 'n' FRIENDS TO MEET AT PORT CITY BREWING THIS FRIDAY AT 8PM!!!!!11!!!!!!11111!!!!!

We'll ride over from Conte's in Old Town at 7:30pm if you'd like to join us. You could always go early and save us some seats.
    A big turnout at Port City tonight! A few other teams were present including Team 18 IceCycles and Team 15 Flurrious. Thanks to Team X Snow Patrol for organizing!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

16. Likes bmif, secstate, streetsmarts, Boomer2U, josh, Thor liked this post
  17. 01-26-2019, 02:50 PM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by secstate View Post
    Frosty Mugs with Squadra Frosty

Team 5 will host happy hour (1/30)... This is a great chance to meet the riders behind the team that will be gradually ascending past yours in the rankings.
    Go Team 5. Wish I could join you. I'll try and have a beer at 6pm Wednesday to be with the Team in spirit.

19. Likes streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Bob! Will try quaff a Michigan pint in your honor!

21. Likes Bob James liked this post