Likes Likes:  977
Dislikes Dislikes:  14
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

Thread: Calvinball 2019 Official Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sszibler View Post
    BUT, did any Calvin Ball players find it . . . ?

There were a couple of high mileage FS riders who told me they just didn’t understand Calvin Ball, so I’d deem them foreigners and unqualified to assume possession without guidance.
    Aren't we all Calvin Ball players given the opportunity? If you had asked me in early January if I would be participating in this year's game, I would've said "hell no - I don't have time to keep track of any of this!" Yet here I am - thanks to Emm for the cute tiger she hid, Steve O for abandoning him in the wylds of Marry-lande, and school for having that random Friday off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LhasaCM View Post
    Aren't we all Calvin Ball players given the opportunity? If you had asked me in early January if I would be participating in this year's game, I would've said "hell no - I don't have time to keep track of any of this!" Yet here I am - thanks to Emm for the cute tiger she hid, Steve O for abandoning him in the wylds of Marry-lande, and school for having that random Friday off.
    hehehe... "Are we not all Calvin Ball players? If you prick us, do we not bleed Fireball Whiskey?"
    I too had pre-assumed I wouldn't join in Calvin Ball participation -- mostly cuz the hiding locations frequently seemed to be outside of my mostly-commute-oriented winter riding routes...
    It was only by a chance encounter with @reji, while I was Quick-Pick-Bagging trail trash, that I was nudged into the ranks of Finders unexpectedly, which then led directly to becoming a Hider the next day...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LhasaCM View Post

I think we few, we happy few, we band of Calvin Ball Players and Associates, LTD, should be happy to occasionally break free of our comfort zones and scamper ever into the realms of transmogrification, enlisting others to likewise break free from the bonds of their daily squares (such as the mega-focused Joan Britt, who verily expressed interest as well as confusion, but could not be tempted from her daily literal squares even when the damn ball was placed on her route!). I’m pretty sure I heard Emm say, “Oooo, oooo, I want to take over Calvin Ball next year!”

4. Likes CBGanimal liked this post