Likes Likes:  977
Dislikes Dislikes:  14
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Calvinball 2019 Official Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Likely how the bathroom at Bladensburg got reopened tonight (mysterious reopening of tunnel) - someone broke the lock holder off and I found a homeless guy locked in there. He felt bad, I felt bad, and I got out of there as soon as I verified no new Calvin Balls hidden and warmed up a bit. I can’t imagine being out on the street tonight. How’d he even get there?

2. Likes Thor, schvin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    Yeah, that's part of my issue. I know Calvin is near the Whole Foods. But there are two different bushes pictured, neither of which shows Calvin. So I'd be searching (most likely in the dark). And since I'm someone who has only a 50/50 chance of finding the butter if I'm told it's on the second shelf of the refrigerator, I find that daunting.

Now that I know sszibler hid it specifically for me, I may have to check. But I'm still not optimistic.
    Carol tried really hard to find it tonight - we’ve been texting back and forth and either Steve M. got it or some lowlife stole a bunch of handmade friendship bracelets

I propose 2 points for Carol for going above and beyond her normal routine. She was glad to get some extra miles for her team.

4. Likes kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sszibler View Post
    Carol tried really hard to find it tonight - we’ve been texting back and forth and either Steve M. got it or some lowlife stole a bunch of handmade friendship bracelets

I propose 2 points for Carol for going above and beyond her normal routine. She was glad to get some extra miles for her team.
    I definitely looked! I even had a couple of people come by and try to help. Of course, I told them I was looking for a water bottle, not a Calvinball.

My only hope is that it was another Freezing Saddles participant, not a thief, who found it before me.

Last edited by cvcalhoun; 01-28-2019 at 09:56 PM.

6. Likes josh, sszibler, kwarkentien liked this post
    Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by reji View Post

The Calvinball has been recharged and is now at the Falls Church Dominion Wine and Beer store.

I left it with Graham who was somewhat amused by our little game.

Visit the store and ask whoever is at the counter for the Calvinball. Make sure you look in the wallet before you leave because my proposed ordinance.... 5 points to whoever consumes the swag onsite and 10 points if it's consumed with a nosh upstairs.
    Mmmmm. Coffee stout.

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

8. Likes sszibler, kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    Mmmmm. Coffee stout.

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk
    Damnit SteveO!

10. Likes Steve O, Sunyata, kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sszibler View Post

Sszibler- I have been enjoying your crazy Calvinball antics, Siber-Hobbes side plots, obscure clues, and off the wall hiding places so much. Sir, if a person could embody a Calvinball, it would be you!

12. Likes sszibler, streetsmarts, kwarkentien liked this post
    Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

So as you can see, I made a late-night decision to nab the Falls Church Calvinball before Dominion Wine and Beer closed.

Sam the bartender served me the Ocelot Purple Black Eye, which was the coffee-iest coffee stout I have ever had.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coffee stout.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	19212

Name:	Sam the bartender.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	19213

I could not earn the 10 bonus points, though, because I was so late the kitchen had closed. Then, to add insult to injury, the "gift" card enclosed failed to work. So I had to go down to my bike and root through the saddle cushions to find enough loose change to pay for my beer. Thanks a lot, reji.

Name:	gift card fail.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	19214

14. Likes sszibler, streetsmarts, kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Then, to add insult to injury, the "gift" card enclosed failed to work. So I had to go down to my bike and root through the saddle cushions to find enough loose change to pay for my beer. Thanks a lot, reji.
    I'm the WORST! I owe you a beer, Steve, and I'm gonna give Graham a stern talkin' to since there was supposed to be $10 on the card.

16. Likes sszibler, streetsmarts, kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a lot, Obama.
    ftfy

18. Dislikes LeprosyStudyGroup disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Obama View Post
    ftfy

LOL! What?!? Fixed what?

I was really hoping something on here would give me a purpose to go out. The news people keep telling me I’ll die instantly if I try! But there doesn’t seem to be any hidden Calvin Balls. Am I wrong?
    Last edited by sszibler; 01-29-2019 at 08:50 PM.

20. Likes kwarkentien liked this post
    Dislikes LeprosyStudyGroup disliked this post