Likes Likes:  977
Dislikes Dislikes:  14
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 443

Thread: Calvinball 2019 Official Thread

  1. #51
    rcannon100's Avatar
    rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. ~~Samuel Beckett
    Posts
    4,399
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Eating cookies (or drinking booze) from unmarked bags left covertly in parks by strangers using pseudonyms


  2. Likes Emm, KWL, Steve O, reji, huskerdont, streetsmarts liked this post
  3. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    128
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    Time and motion specialists can now determine how long it takes for Emm to consume an oatmeal raisin cookie by noting the distance covered by the red car during this first bite

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	far.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	18838

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	near.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	18839

    I was going to leave hot chocolate in mine, but decided if it took awhile our tiny neighborhood residents might find it first. Congrats! Itís all in the timing!

  4. Likes streetsmarts liked this post
  5. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    2,002
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rcannon100 View Post
    Eating cookies (or drinking booze) from unmarked bags left covertly in parks by strangers using pseudonyms

    My First Freezing Saddles, I decided to go to the final Hains Point event. I told my wife I was going to meet a bunch of guys I didn't know in a deserted park after dark. She just rolled her eyes at me.

    For the record, I lived to tell the tale.

  6. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Riverdale, MD
    Posts
    381
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Calvinball 2019 Official Thread

    Second Calvinball acquired- hip hip hooray!!!!
    Last edited by SarahBee; 01-09-2019 at 07:34 PM.

  7. Likes sszibler, reji, streetsmarts liked this post
  8. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    128
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SarahBee View Post
    Second Calvinball acquired- hip hip hooray!!!!
    Gosh, I must have passed you. I think I looked under most of the power poles before 29 and slowed down for a lot along 4 mile run south of Columbia Pike (By then I was probably getting hypothermia because Shreve isn’t even that far south, right?). It was just too cold for me! Surprised at all the cyclists out tonight.

    Don’t you have to make a bunch of them now?!

  9. Likes streetsmarts liked this post
  10. #56
    Steve O's Avatar
    Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dominion Hills in Arlington VA
    Posts
    4,604
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sszibler View Post
    I was going to leave hot chocolate in mine, but decided if it took awhile our tiny neighborhood residents might find it first. Congrats! Itís all in the timing!
    It probably wouldn't have been hot any more either.

  11. Likes streetsmarts liked this post
  12. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    1,164
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CBGanimal View Post
    Wait... Have I been sleeping under a rock somewhere? Did anyone else notice that beautiful Cutthroat lurking about there?


  13. Likes CBGanimal, SarahBee, Emm liked this post
  14. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Riverdale, MD
    Posts
    381
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sszibler View Post
    Gosh, I must have passed you. I think I looked under most of the power poles before 29 and slowed down for a lot along 4 mile run south of Columbia Pike (By then I was probably getting hypothermia because Shreve isnít even that far south, right?). It was just too cold for me! Surprised at all the cyclists out tonight.

    Donít you have to make a bunch of them now?!
    Shreve intersection is right before the big hill where you jog up to Virginia Lane on the WOD. Sounds like you were looking under a lot of poles. Not to worry, not only was the spot less than a mile from my house, but now I have the pleasure of making 3 more? 4 more? Rumor is that a few of them may cross state borders...

  15. Likes streetsmarts liked this post
  16. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Shirlington area
    Posts
    1,051
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Oh no! Hobbes needs your help! He's stuck under a piano looking thingy by a stinky water treatment plant. To rescue him and free the Calvinball, you must consume the beverage holding him hostage on site (a tool to do so is hidden within the package) and take a picture of said consumption that also shows you freed poor Hobbes.

    I propose 3 bonus points for freeing Hobbes.



    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Emm; 01-10-2019 at 08:21 AM.

  17. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Falls Church VA
    Posts
    454
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emm View Post
    Oh no! Hobbes needs your help! He's stuck under a piano looking thingy by a stinky water treatment plant. To rescue him and free the Calvinball, you must consume the beverage holding him hostage on site (a tool to do so is hidden within the package) and take a picture of said consumption that also shows you freed poor Hobbes.

    I propose 3 bonus points for freeing Hobbes.



    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Someone has the CalvinBall!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. Likes SarahBee, Emm liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •