Likes Likes:  101
Dislikes Dislikes:  5
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 63

Thread: Great opinion piece in NYT – The Pedestrian Strikes Back

  1. #51
    lordofthemark's Avatar
    lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The forgotten corner of Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    3,222
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VikingMariner View Post
    until I explain that I am not the usual douche bag,

    Must. Resist. Obvious. Joke.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    126
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Man, this echo chamber has some angry people. You mad, bruh? . Ah yes, social media. Always predictable. lol You guys crack me up.

    Last edited by VikingMariner; 12-21-2018 at 07:47 AM.

  3. #53
    Steve O's Avatar
    Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pentagon City in Arlington VA
    Posts
    4,663
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VikingMariner View Post
    Man, this echo chamber has some angry people. You mad, bruh? . Ah yes, social media. Always predictable. lol You guys crack me up.
    I have been a participant on this forum for almost 10 years. It is, without question, the most civil and courteous on-line group of people I have ever encountered. Those of us who know LOTM personally know full well that he is never an angry person. Ever. You should come to a coffee club and meet him sometime.

    I laughed out loud at his response. I only wish I had thought of it first.

    I do not know if you were also directing your comment at me or just at him. But let me assure you, mine was not written in anger either, but merely as a counter-response to what you wrote. If you spend more time here, you will hopefully learn that although there are differing opinions on various topics, almost always the conversation is about debating the ideas, not attacking the person. For a good example, go read the e-bike thread: 1200 comments and virtually zero flames in the whole thing.
    Last edited by Steve O; 12-21-2018 at 08:10 AM.

  4. Likes huskerdont, n18, cvcalhoun, dasgeh liked this post
  5. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Alexandria
    Posts
    558
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Note to self, method of waving hi to Steve-O must be changed.

  6. Likes Steve O, Emm, dasgeh liked this post
  7. #55
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    126
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ten years--You make it sound like a job. This is just the Internet, son. No one with common sense takes social media seriously. I'd gladly come to one of your social events if I have time. First round on me (applies to all of you). Dead serious but show a little respect for your elders, who are buying.

  8. #56
    Steve O's Avatar
    Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pentagon City in Arlington VA
    Posts
    4,663
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VikingMariner View Post
    I'd gladly come to one of your social events if I have time. First round on me (applies to all of you). Dead serious but show a little respect for your elders, who are buying.
    Check out the calendar. Lots of opportunities.

  9. Likes Crickey7, dasgeh liked this post
  10. #57
    Steve O's Avatar
    Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pentagon City in Arlington VA
    Posts
    4,663
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VikingMariner View Post
    Ten years--You make it sound like a job.
    Well, it did earn me an Academy Award nomination.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	academy.PNG 
Views:	89 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	18679

  11. Likes huskerdont, Crickey7, Henry, dasgeh liked this post
  12. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    1,534
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VikingMariner View Post
    This is just the Internet, son. No one with common sense takes social media seriously.
    1) Not all of the internet has been poisoned. Some places get by with near-human levels of grumpiness.

    2) Some places are still inhabited by people posing as adults (i.e, occasionally have "serious" discussions).

    3) Smiley faces after condescension come off as creepy.
    Last edited by huskerdont; 12-21-2018 at 08:41 AM.

  13. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    2,003
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VikingMariner View Post
    Ten years--You make it sound like a job. This is just the Internet, son. No one with common sense takes social media seriously. I'd gladly come to one of your social events if I have time. First round on me (applies to all of you). Dead serious but show a little respect for your elders, who are buying.
    You assume everyone here is young enough to be your son? Unless you are 85, I can personally vouch for the fact that this is not true.

    Your profile says you have been biking since 1968. For the record, I've been biking since 1959.

  14. Likes Crickey7, dasgeh liked this post
  15. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Posts
    5,587
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    You assume everyone here is young enough to be your son? Unless you are 85, I can personally vouch for the fact that this is not true.

    Your profile says you have been biking since 1968. For the record, I've been biking since 1959.
    You and me both (or was it 1958?).

  16. Likes Crickey7 liked this post

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •