Likes Likes:  69
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: City Reacts to News of Bike Trail Improvements

Post Thanks / Like

Default City Reacts to News of Bike Trail Improvements

Bike trail improvements good! Increased enforcement actions against cyclists bad! Wait? No? WTF?

https://fcnp.com/2018/12/13/city-rea...-improvements/

PS. Jan rules.

2. Likes Judd, jrenaut, dcv, musclys, ShawnoftheDread, Tania liked this post
    Dislikes josh disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Vienna or Herndon areas have more traffic. Even the Custis trail gets more traffic, but we don't hear much about widening it. So throwing money at FC seems to be for the purpose of enhancing tourism, with the exception of the bridge over Lee HWY, which to me; the only reasonable improvement. What FC done to cyclists in the past other than enforcement?

Post Thanks / Like

It's so embarrassing to be a person named anything but Jan with regards to this article, it churns the stomach

5. Likes mikoglaces, musclys, dcv, Emm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

"“City of Falls Church residents don’t just walk or bike that one small portion of the trail and then turn around and go home,” ProBikeFC owner, Nick Clark, said. “It just doesn’t make sense to make those kinds of changes to a small section of a [45-mile] trail.”

"Clark is adamantly impartial on what happens to the trail since, as a professional cyclist, the public thoroughfare is too casual for him to want to ride on it regularly. "

So a self-proclaimed pro cylist (must be ex-pro, if anything) who doesn't ride on the trail (does he ride on 29? 7? at all thru FC?) dumps on the rest of us. I mean, I commute through FC every day, usually 2X/day, and after dark especially it would be good to have a separate trail for pedestrians. Lights might be even better IMO.

Doesn't make me want to try Clark's shop. I didn't even know it existed before this article.

7. Likes dcv, huskerdont, Emm, Tania, VikingMariner liked this post
    hozn is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

ProBikeFC probably doesn't look for business from W&OD users; from what I understand, it's a fairly boutique shop. Now, if you want a fancy new Factor with a custom-spec carbon build kit ...

But I agree. That comment just sounds ill-informed. I don't bike that part of the trail on the weekend, but I would definitely welcome anything that sets a precedent for widening trails. And lights would be a huge improvement there. This has to be one of the worst sections for trail ninjas.

I think it'll be a great improvement to the trail.

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

The reality is we don't have a committee of W&OD municipalities and City of Falls Church alone got this grant. Piecemeal is the way it is for bike infra. BTW a small section in Vienna WAS widened, and IIUC a small piece of the Custis is being widened.

10. Likes dasgeh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't agree with PBFC and won't support them.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

12. Likes Sunyata, Tania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Falls Church is only going to get denser with looming projects on the horizon. As someone who uses this section of the WOD on wheels and on foot quite a bit, I welcome these improvements. I'd love to see improvements elsewhere too, but I'll take what I can get. Except COPS: WOD Edition.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Birru View Post
    Except COPS: WOD Edition.
    And cones. Lots of cones.

Post Thanks / Like

He is "adamantly impartial."

Um, no, he clearly isn't.

16. Likes Judd, Crickey7, Steve O liked this post