Likes Likes:  94
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: #FS2019coffeeride Pointless Prize

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

#FS2019coffeeride side bet #14 Dolcezza for a gelato/sorbetto and cortado for my elevenses.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02917.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	18847 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02918.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	18848 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02919.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	18849

2. Likes chuxtr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by consularrider View Post
    #FS2019coffeeride side bet #14 Dolcezza for a gelato/sorbetto and cortado for my elevenses.
    One more to go! Let me know which was your favorite after you've visited them all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chuxtr View Post
    One more to go! Let me know which was your favorite after you've visited them all.
    I should finish with Philz Thursday morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Default And then there were none

#FS2019coffeeride side bet #15, Philz Coffee on Adams Mill Rd, NW. I was a little disappointed they only did pour overs so I could not stay consistent with a cortado. Coffee was still good.

Out of the 15, I liked The Royal on Florida Ave, NW in Ladroit Park the best. Interesting building, good coffee, good pastry, good staff. I enjoyed all of my coffees.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02920.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	18852 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02921.jpg 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	18853 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02922.jpg 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	18854

6. Likes drevil, bikedavid, Boomer2U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

#FS2019coffeeride side bet #15, Philz Coffee on Adams Mill Rd, NW. I was a little disappointed they only did pour overs so I could not stay consistent with a cortado. Coffee was still good.

Out of the 15, I liked The Royal on Florida Ave, NW in Ladroit Park the best. Interesting building, good coffee, good pastry, good staff. I enjoyed all of my coffees.]
    Winner! Winner!! Chicken dinner!!!

8. Likes Boomer2U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Winner! Winner!! Chicken dinner!!!
    Hello. good-bye, aloha, and thanks for the socks!

10. Likes Boomer2U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello. good-bye, aloha, and thanks for the socks!
    Good to see you last night. I knew you would win the side bet. Just disappointed in you that you didn't do it all in one ride!

12. Likes consularrider liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I passed by all 15 coffee shops in one ride today. Was somewhat tempted to have more coffee but better judgement ruled the day and I ended up getting only one coffee at Commonwealth Joe which I've never been to before. Cute place. Couldn't help but notice their rocket fuel. Instead of sampling 15 coffee shops in one ride you could just get 4 of these for the equivalent amount of caffeine...

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

14. Likes chuxtr, drevil, consularrider liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Will do this again this year. This is different than Coffeecatting, but could overlap with it to some degree. I've tweaked the rules a little from last year:

1. The object is to visit as many DIFFERENT LOCAL, i.e., DMV, coffee places as possible (on your bike, of course!). But once you visit one place, that's it. A second visit doesn't count.

2. Starbucks is verboten. But other chains, e.g., Peet's, Cosi, etc., are fair game. However once you visit one chain outlet, that's it. A visit to the same outlet but at a different location doesn't count. I know the Starbucks ban is arbitrary, but my prize so my rules.

3. "Swamp" coffee, e.g., 7-Eleven, Wawa, etc., is OK but subject to the same conditions as in #2 above.

4. Bakeries, restaurants, and even fast food joints that serve coffee are also OK but subject to the same conditions as in #2 above.

5. For your ride to count, use #FS2019coffeeride in your Strava ride title and include the name of the place you visited, e.g., #FS2019coffeeride Java Shack. NOTE: Posting of coffee rides is totally honor system, i.e., I'm assuming you're following the rules. Not required, but encouraged, is to also post pics on your Strava. And if you want to post your Strava ride link and pics on this thread for all to see, that would be fun too (but not required).

6. The winner will be whoever has visited the most DIFFERENT coffee places.

7. The tiebreaker will be whoever has the coffee shops per coffee ride miles ridden.

8. If needed, the second tie breaker will be whoever has visited the most "swamp coffee" places.

9. FINALLY, both consularrider and bikedavid are welcome to play but aren't eligible to win this year. Sorry guys! But you won prizes last year and I'd like to give someone else a chance to win.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Get your caffeine game on!
    Question about local coffee shops that have multiple locations: are they subject to Rule 2 or would Northside FC and Northside Arlington count as two separate places?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by musclys View Post
    Question about local coffee shops that have multiple locations: are they subject to Rule 2 or would Northside FC and Northside Arlington count as two separate places?
    Rule #2 applies. One location for a chain ... national, regional, or local.

17. Likes musclys, josh liked this post