Likes Likes:  102
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Dumpling Ride Pointless Prize

Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

I am going to apply for three points from Sunday's ride, which was personally witnessed by the Grand Panjandrum of this Pointless Prize.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	top of hill.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	19315

Name:	thinking hard.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	19316

Name:	inside marks.jpg 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	19317

Name:	marks.jpg 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	19318

2. Likes bikedavid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They all sound delightful. I was wondering what the soupy dumpling was. Soup within soup!

Post Thanks / Like

3 points granted! Yes I think everyone that came on the ride deserves 3 points for being able to devour so many dumplings!

Post Thanks / Like

This weekend, provided weather is decent, a non-Freezing-Saddles friend and I plan to visit 6 of the places listed in this article: https://www.zagat.com/b/8-must-try-a...umplings-in-dc
    Do I need six different rides to get six points toward the pointless prize #FS2019dumplingride? Would it count if the distance between two of the dumpling places is less than a mile?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ltierstein View Post
    This weekend, provided weather is decent, a non-Freezing-Saddles friend and I plan to visit 6 of the places listed in this article: https://www.zagat.com/b/8-must-try-a...umplings-in-dc
    Do I need six different rides to get six points toward the pointless prize #FS2019dumplingride? Would it count if the distance between two of the dumpling places is less than a mile?
    Wow 6--that will be a record! You can tag as one ride and either add something in the description or better yet post some photos here for the rest of us to drool over as well as making it easier to track. Didn't specify any minimum distance so as long you ride to each of the places you are good!

Post Thanks / Like

That’s it you guys! I’ve done my first Dumpling Ride! I’m officially in the game, better watch your delicious, dumpling-laden backs!

8. Likes Steve O, bikedavid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to everyone that participated in the dumpling ride! I hope you had fun exploring and enjoyed some dumplings.

Our winner for the inaugural dumpling ride pointless prize goes to Jo M who came from behind to win against Komorebi and LSG! Please tell us your secrets.

Honorable mentions to:

- runner up LSG for being the most adventurous rider braving some "swamp" dumplings.

- Komorebi for biking all the way to Rockville, braving several lanes of traffic on 355. And for organizing the great dumpling ride where we all got to enjoy dim sum twice on one ride!

- ltierstein. I'm not sure if you did ended up hitting 6 places in one ride but that would likely be a record for the most dumplings/ride!

- Adriana for getting on the scoreboard in the last week. It's never too late for some tasty dumplings!

Contestant Rides
    Jo M 12
    LSG ☠ 7
    Komorebi L 6
    ricky d 4
    Leslie T 3
    Shira G 3
    Adriana S 1

10. Likes kwarkentien, ChristoB50, Edelweiss liked this post
    Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bikedavid View Post
    Congrats to everyone that participated in the dumpling ride! I hope you had fun exploring and enjoyed some dumplings.

Our winner for the inaugural dumpling ride pointless prize goes to Jo M who came from behind to win against Komorebi and LSG! Please tell us your secrets.

Honorable mentions to:

- runner up LSG for being the most adventurous rider braving some "swamp" dumplings.

- Komorebi for biking all the way to Rockville, braving several lanes of traffic on 355. And for organizing the great dumpling ride where we all got to enjoy dim sum twice on one ride!

- ltierstein. I'm not sure if you did ended up hitting 6 places in one ride but that would likely be a record for the most dumplings/ride!

- Adriana for getting on the scoreboard in the last week. It's never too late for some tasty dumplings!

Contestant Rides
    Jo M 12
    LSG ☠ 7
    Komorebi L 6
    ricky d 4
    Leslie T 3
    Shira G 3
    Adriana S 1
    Wait! Wasn't everyone who went on the official dumpling ride awarded points for that? I think I even asked that question.
    I demand a recount!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    Wait! Wasn't everyone who went on the official dumpling ride awarded points for that? I think I even asked that question.
    I demand a recount!!
    The scoreboard matches what's on the official Freezing Saddles website (https://freezingsaddles.org/pointless/generic/dumpling). What do you have against hashtags?

13. Likes josh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LhasaCM View Post
    The scoreboard matches what's on the official Freezing Saddles website (https://freezingsaddles.org/pointless/generic/dumpling). What do you have against hashtags?
    Steve O just likes to complain

15. Dislikes Steve O disliked this post