Likes Likes:  114
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pointless Prizes 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pointless Prizes 2019

Hi all! It's time for the funnest part of Freezing Saddles, the Pointless Prizes. First of all, anyone can sponsor a prize - you can sponsor a prize, your friend who isn't playing can sponsor a prize, even your mom can sponsor a prize. Second, Pointless Prizes can be about anything! They can be objective (like most miles ridden on New Years Day), they can be subjective (like Sock Game). They can be embarrassing (like rider with the most falls). They can be shameless (Most accordioneur gigs attended by bicycle!) and they can be heartwarming (Bike Samaritans, helping others in need). Check out last year's thread for more examples.

List of Pointless Prizes (updated 3/19/19)

Beerneuring (sjclaeys) - Drink beer. Ride Bikes No hashtag
    Silly Rabbit Trix (drevil) - Biking's more fun when you pepper it up with silly trix. No hashtag
    Pointless Kids (jrenaut) - Riding with kids on their own bikes & tracking their miles #withkid[name]
    Kidical (LhasaCM) - Riding your bike with one or more kids “attached” to your bike (trailer, cargo bike, kids seat, etc.) #kidical
    Kidical (LhasaCM) - Riding with kids #withkid
    Points per Mile (chuxtr) - Highest ratio of points per mile No hashtag
    Coffee Rides (chuxtr) - Visit different coffee places on your bike #FS2019coffeeride
    Calvinball winner (josh) - Your quest is to seek thee the gameball, hidden secretly amongst the cycling trails inside the beltway (but not to be found in any federal park). No hashtag
    Ride Alexandria's Bike Infrastructure Prize (lordofthemark) - Ride bike infrastructure in the city of Alexandria. The goal here is to ride each of the included segments as many times as possible. No hashtag
    Dumpling Ride (bikedavid) - Visit dumpling restaurants #FS2019dumplingride
    The Road goes ever on and on... (AliasXIII) - TBD - has to do with covering the most ground
    Photo captions (SteveO) - Best photo captions No hashtag
    Loopy for Arlington (bentbike33) - Completing the most Arlington Loops No hashtag
    Keeping it 100 (LhasaCM) - Use the 100 mile rule to maximize your contribution to the team with the minimum miles No hashtag
    Tandem Rides (shirag) - Most number of tandem rides (either as a captain or stoker) #FS2019tandem
    Metro Peak Pioneer (LeprosyStudyGroup) - his winter's your chance to demonstrate that You are the KOM/QOM of METRO'S PEAK hours by going multi-modal and riding both your trusty rusty bikey and a smokey brokey subway on into work. #bafsmetro
    "Lost Dog Award (Sunyata) - Get on your bike, ride to the kennel and walk some dogs (or if that is not your thing, play with some cats or clean some cages/kennels)!
    #BAFS2019LostDog"
    Strava Art (komorebi) - Create art via your Strava tracks No hashtag
    Catch and Release (PeteD) - Find and document previous dockless bikes No hashtag
    Michigander You call THAT a snow day?! Prize (Kitty) - Riding on OPM snow days No hashtag
    Out-Of-Bounds Coffee Rides (Edelweiss) - Coffee rides NOT in the DMV #FS2019OOBcoffeeride
    Top Three Women Riders (Fast Friendly Guy) - Some verifiable metric (Points? Miles?) will be used here No hashtag
    London Bridge Prize (wheels&wings) - Most/worst crashes No hashtag
    Spiritneuring (Boomer2U) - Drink spirits at a distillery #BAFS2019spiriteuring
    Wineuring (Boomer2U) - Drink wine at a winery #BAFS2019wineuring
    KOT and QOT (Judd) - Do good deeds for our trails No hashtag
    Pastry Ride (bikedavid) - Visit pastry shops and eat pastries #FS2019pastryride
    Freeze your ass off (AlanA) - This prize will go the person with the most individual freeze points. No hashtag
    Lowest mileage variance prize in honor of Chris Maimone (jrenaut) - Given to the rider whose daily mileage changed the least over the course of the contest No hashtag
    Elevation Per Mile (Billy Goat)/Overall Elevation Gain (Bob James) - Awarded to both the male and female riders with the most elevation gain per mile, and max elevation gain as captured on FS website. No hashtag
    Last edited by accordioneur; 03-19-2019 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Added Freeze your ... and Lowest variance prizes

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sponsoring something for non-participant kids of participants who want to participate: The Pointless Kid Leaderboard.

3. Likes Rod Smith, LhasaCM, Nadine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And I'll sponsor something for the participants who drag their kids around with them (either literally, in the case of #kidical, or figuratively). It'll be something along the lines of what's described in last year's thread here, probably, barring any tweaks to not step on Jon's toes with his Pointless Kid prize.

5. Likes jrenaut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LhasaCM View Post
    And I'll sponsor something for the participants who drag their kids around with them (either literally, in the case of #kidical, or figuratively). It'll be something along the lines of what's described in last year's thread here, probably, barring any tweaks to not step on Jon's toes with his Pointless Kid prize.
    I have no toes for you to step on, it's too cold outside and they fell off.

7. Likes LhasaCM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    I'm sponsoring something for non-participant kids of participants who want to participate: The Pointless Kid Leaderboard.
    Didn't you forget a colon? Because I'm really hoping you're not referring to the kids as pointless.

Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems strange no matter where you put it:

The Pointless: Kid Leaderboard
    The Pointless Kid: Leaderboard
    The: Pointless Kid Leaderboard
    The Point: Less Kid Leaderboard (but more grammatically correct would be "Fewer Kid Leaderboard")

10. Likes Hancockbs liked this post
    Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

I will once again sponsor the photo caption contest pointless prize.

12. Likes Judd, huskerdont liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I will once again dole out pointless prizes for Points per Mile and Coffee Rides.
    Last edited by chuxtr; 12-11-2018 at 07:14 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Beerneuring will be back!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DPP+cyclist+alone100LIGHT+GRAY.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	18655

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    The Point: Less Kid Leaderboard (but more grammatically correct would be "Fewer Kid Leaderboard")
    A prize for which I'm manifestly unqualified, having somehow acquired five grandchildren since I began playing this game. Perhaps I should stop playing, lest I single-handedly (or single bike-edly) become responsible for world overpopulation?