Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Attack on Capital Crescent Trail

Post Thanks / Like

Default Attack on Capital Crescent Trail

The following is from a Chevy Chase Nextdoor post I became aware of on Saturday morning (Dec. 8, 2018):

"Attack on the Capital Crescent Trail

My husband was attacked on the Capital Crescent trail around 6:15 last night near the Bradley bridge just before you get to downtown Bethesda. A large group of teens/young adult males standing beside the trail pushed a bamboo stick into his front wheel and he was thrown over the handlebars of his bike. Luckily he had on a helmet, gloves and several layers of clothes and is bruised but not seriously hurt. It could have been much worse. The police were called but please be alert when traversing the trail. This is a busy section of the trail but also unfortunately poorly lit and although there were people walking their dogs just before and after him it didn't dissuade the group from targeting my husband."

2. Likes elbows liked this post
    Dislikes highline disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds about as random as they come. That being said, I used to commute through some bad neighborhoods. A rule of thumb that stood me well is that if I ever saw 3 or more teen boys hanging out near my route, I stopped, made a detour, or waited for someone else to come along.

4. Likes highline, elbows, Hancockbs liked this post