Likes Likes:  18
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2019 Freezing Saddles Registration is open!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    I think Gmail marked your email as spam for my wife, so that may be a contributing factor. Also I've found that people don't follow directions very well.
    On the first point, it's why I stress (in this post, on the registration form itself, and on the screen you get after you submit) that you should look for that email, and let me know if you don't get it. But the second problem is rather harder to fix.

2. Likes LhasaCM, jrenaut, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking forward to another freezing Saddles season! You guys are the best thing about my otherwise least favorite season! So grateful Richard stepped up, and interested to see what the rule changes bring.

I know Thanksgiving was a coupla weeks ago but can I just say I'M SO GRATEFUL FOR FREEZING SADDLES!
    ����*♀️��*♂️������♥️

4. Likes LhasaCM, jrenaut, hozn liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    I think Gmail marked your email as spam for my wife, so that may be a contributing factor. Also I've found that people don't follow directions very well.
    From what I hear, Gmail just forwards you all your junk mail now. So that shouldn't be a problem with Gmail users.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlanA View Post
    From what I hear, Gmail just forwards you all your junk mail now. So that shouldn't be a problem with Gmail users.
    It shouldn't be a problem for the vast majority of users, because it is running through Ninja Mail, which is mostly white-listed. Of the 60 people registered so far, 53 have managed to confirm their e-mail addresses (although one person had to fish it out of spam), one (chuxtr) had a glitch with the server when registering, and one (LeprosyStudyGroup) didn't get the confirmation e-mail at all and contacted me. That's actually not a bad record. However, given the number of people who contacted me to ask why the registration form didn't have a submit button, after getting to the registration form from a post that said prominently that there was no submit button, I'm not wholly optimistic that everyone reads directions.

7. Likes kwarkentien, jrenaut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy to have Freezing Saddles to spice up the long Maryland winter again this year. Thanks for all you do, awesome organizers!