Likes Likes:  35
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First time rider introductions

Post Thanks / Like

Not a first time rider but it's been a year since I posted. Hi!!! I'm riding out of College Park MD and hope to see you all on the trails.

George

2. Likes drevil, Greenbelt, Mtansill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a great pre-Frozen Saddles bike commute in to work this morning! This was my first "how effective is my winter gear" ride. Any suggestions of good cycling glasses/goggles that won't fog every time I stop? I took off my glasses and discovered a new joy: frozen eyelashes.

4. Likes Greenbelt, ChristoB50 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by taracheston View Post
    I had a great pre-Frozen Saddles bike commute in to work this morning! This was my first "how effective is my winter gear" ride. Any suggestions of good cycling glasses/goggles that won't fog every time I stop? I took off my glasses and discovered a new joy: frozen eyelashes.
    I wear a gator or "Buff" around my neck that I pull up over my mouth and nose when riding. Of course, as soon as I slow down, glasses get fogged. I don't have a solution, except that I've gotten into the routine of pushing down my gator as I roll to a stop then as soon as stopped pushing out my glasses so they're way down on the end of my nose granny style. Then as soon as back up to speed, the gator goes back up over mouth and glasses pushed back tight. Becomes winter routine! -Jeff
    Last edited by Greenbelt; 12-11-2018 at 12:45 PM.

6. Likes taracheston, jrenaut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Same here - first winter riding, still adding to my gear closet. But in Nov., when mornings were first going below 40 or so, I opted for a Smith ski goggle, that fit over my prescription glasses.
    As long as, once I put the Smith on, I then push my eyeglasses "forward" into the goggle cavity, further away from my eyes/face, I essentially never get fog-up on stops, or else very, very minimal fogging at the top (not enough to block vision yet, and clears quickly once I'm moving again.)
    That said, someone recently told me that rubbing plain white bar soap on both sides of your glasses lenses, then buffing it off, prevents them from fogging -- I have yet to try this, so can't confirm.

Post Thanks / Like

I was riding throughout the winter last year and towards the end of the season I finally looked up what my other Strava friends were putting in their rides with this hash tag BAFS thing. So better late than never and here I am to join the fun this year.

Marc

9. Likes jrenaut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi! Posting so I can register. Looking forward to a fun winter!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile First post, psyched to join

Hello all,

Peer pressure has done its work and I am here for BAFS2019! Looking forward to riding with in good company.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking first time posting

Hello. I'm posting for registration eligibility. I missed out on the fun last year! Thanks,

13. Likes Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to participating!