Likes Likes:  69
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Iím getting something for Christmas...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    Nice! I’ve been curious about electric gloves and socks but every time I’ve looked the customer reviews have been all over the place. Looking forward to hearing how they hold up through the winter.
    My guess would be they work best for people whose hands and feet do not sweat much when they exercise.

Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bentbike33 View Post
    My guess would be they work best for people whose hands and feet do not sweat much when they exercise.
    Iím probably not a good candidate for electric gloves then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I had a pair last year and they were awesome! I have pretty bad raynaud's, so they (combined with my barmitts) kept my fingers toasty warm all winter long! They were a pretty inexpensive pair that were given to me as a gift, and had zero wind or rain protection, and the pleather peeled by the end of the season, but combined with the barmitts worked perfectly. Unfortunately, one of the gloves won't charge this year. This year I'll be investigating a more sustainable pair, that hopefully, will last at least a few seasons (both the electronics and the body of the gloves!). I wasn't as successful with socks - I bought a few pairs, but none worked. I have a couple pairs that I'll be testing out this year. Fingers crossed at least one pair will work!

4. Likes huskerdont, Judd, kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't prove it scientifically, but from observing my own Raynaud's, it seems to be triggered most by the combination of low blood sugar and cold rather than just cold alone. Another excuse to stop and eat frequently while riding in the cold, I guess.

6. Likes huskerdont, Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't mind a spot of cheating if they would work. I wonder about them for my version of Raynaud's though since I go from white and bloodless to red and hot pretty quickly at times during exercise, with resultant sweat possible, which then makes them cold again...

Mine seems largely wind-induced. It could be 28 degrees and still and and I might be okay, but 50 degrees and windy and I'm done.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthemark View Post
    I am pretty sure electric gloves are "cheating".
    I hate to think of what you'd think of my electric jacket!

On the other hand, we missed the multiple page discussion of whether e-bikes were "cheating" this year, so maybe we could have a new one on whether electric jackets are?

9. Likes Judd, LhasaCM, Steve O, kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthemark View Post
    I am pretty sure electric gloves are "cheating".
    It's okay. The warm-assist ones just get your hands up to a certain temperature and then they cut off.

11. Likes accordioneur, Emm, bentbike33, Steve O, Sunyata liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is actually my second pair of electric gloves. The first pair were bulky, like ski gloves, making it hard to work the shifters. The new ones are thinner and so better suited to cycling (the flip side being that they don't have as much passive insulation). They're billed as glove liners, though I can't imagine what gloves they'd fit inside of.

And yes, I used the old pair during Freezing Saddles last year, so add an asterisk after my name in the records if appropriate.

13. Likes Judd, kwarkentien liked this post
    TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by accordioneur View Post

And yes, I used the old pair during Freezing Saddles last year, so add an asterisk after my name in the records if appropriate.
    It's Freezing SADDLES not Freezing Digits, so I think it's allowed.

15. Likes Judd, kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdont View Post
    Mine seems largely wind-induced. It could be 28 degrees and still and and I might be okay, but 50 degrees and windy and I'm done.
    I think my version of Raynaud's is also largely wind driven, unless there is a sudden temperature change. It could be 75 out and I grab a cold beverage and my finger tips turn white and numb. I have thought about trying heated gloves, since I often use chemical hand warmers, especially for longer rides. I look forward to accordioneur's mid-season review.

17. Likes huskerdont, Judd liked this post