Likes Likes:  79
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DRAFT 2019 registration form is up--please review!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdont View Post
    Form looks good to me, but then all Ima do is register and ride my bike so I'd accept whatever. Thank you to all those doing the work.
    We're going to kick you out of the forum if you don't join in the complaining and arguing

2. Likes huskerdont, Emm, Steve O, Erin Potter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    We're going to kick you out of the forum if you don't join in the complaining and arguing
    Start a mandatory helmet law thread then.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdont View Post
    Start a mandatory helmet law thread then.
    For cyclists, motorists, or pedestrians?

5. Likes huskerdont, LhasaCM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The form is now final, unless someone screams really quickly. I will add the submit button to allow people to register, and post a notice on this forum, as soon as obscurerichard clears out the data from last year.

Yes, I realize that this violates all forum traditions of having at least 20 pages of argument before anything becomes final.

7. Likes jrenaut, LhasaCM, elizsnyder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    The form is now final, unless someone screams really quickly. I will add the submit button to allow people to register, and post a notice on this forum, as soon as obscurerichard clears out the data from last year.

Yes, I realize that this violates all forum traditions of having at least 20 pages of argument before anything becomes final.
    Sorry for the late thought. It's not a big deal, obviously, but - rather than have the text box for the "More details on what you are volunteering to do" that seems like a headache for you per your earlier post, would you want to instead just direct people to that thread on the message board? (http://bikearlingtonforum.com/showth...les-Volunteers)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LhasaCM View Post
    Sorry for the late thought. It's not a big deal, obviously, but - rather than have the text box for the "More details on what you are volunteering to do" that seems like a headache for you per your earlier post, would you want to instead just direct people to that thread on the message board? (http://bikearlingtonforum.com/showth...les-Volunteers)
    This has not been a big deal in past years (in which that question has been included). And it gives the leadership (who get access to the submissions) more idea of which potential volunteers they might want to call on. For example, someone might say that they are willing to help with happy hours, but then specify under the more details question that they are volunteering to bring paper plates. That might not be the right person to call on for scouting out potential new locations for the happy hours.

I've tried to avoid truly open-ended questions (e.g., "Do you have any other comments?"). But to the extent this question is targeted to get only information we can actually use, I think it's worthwhile.
    Last edited by cvcalhoun; 11-21-2018 at 05:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    This has not been a big deal in past years (in which that question has been included). And it gives the leadership (who get access to the submissions) more idea of which potential volunteers they might want to call on. For example, someone might say that they are willing to help with happy hours, but then specify under the more details question that they are volunteering to bring paper plates. That might not be the right person to call on for scouting out potential new locations for the happy hours.

I've tried to avoid truly open-ended questions (e.g., "Do you have any other comments?" But to the extent this question is targeted to get only information we can actually use, I think it's worthwhile.
    Good to know it hasn't been an issue in the past. Never mind, then

Post Thanks / Like

New here - making my first post on the forum so I can register

Post Thanks / Like

So, no slackers this year?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chuxtr View Post
    One correction. Delete what's in red in paragraph below:

Freezing Saddles is a game organized by friends in the Washington Area Bike Forum. It is a hat tournament style competition where participants are randomly assigned to teams based on some weird system the Washington Area Bike Forum has come up with over the years. Communications and organization will be through the Washington Area Bike Forum.

Question: 250 registrations = how many teams? I can't remember how many people per team (you would think I should know since I was a team captain last year). But 250 is only "easily" divisible by 10, so that would mean 25 teams. Is that what we're aiming for?
    Why not 10 teams of 25 riders?