Likes Likes:  27
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Performance Bike Is Done, Son

Post Thanks / Like

Vienna location was advertizing 70% yesterday, 80% today, and probably 90% tomorrow. I was there around 3 PM. Here is a gallery of everything left:

https://postimg.cc/gallery/1ci6frft4/

Some highlights:

- Spokes are $5/Box, all seem to be DT Swiss brand, Spoke nibbles too.
    - Saddles are $5 each.
    - Square Tapper Bottom brackets that are left are odd size, Italian 70mm. They seem to have few Octalink, not sure if they have any ISIS Drive.
    - Various wrenches at $2 each.
    - Cardboard shipping boxes are $8 each.

They open tomorrow from 12 to 5.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the pics- when I went by at 5:00pm Saturday things were looking a bit sparse. Got a shopworn Fuji Velo saddle take-off (2012 Fuji Tahoe?) for $5 and two spare inner tubes for $1.39 each.

Post Thanks / Like

Clicked on the Nashbar email I received today and saw they had just about nothing for sale other than a few bikes. For clothing, there's a rain pant and a bib.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdont View Post
    Clicked on the Nashbar email I received today and saw they had just about nothing for sale other than a few bikes. For clothing, there's a rain pant and a bib.
    Yep, same. Not sure who's going to fill the void for me, after my experience with a totally mundane, $50 shipment from Chain Reaction getting hung up in Customs and the company giving a massive corporate shrug about that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crickey7 View Post
    Yep, same. Not sure who's going to fill the void for me, after my experience with a totally mundane, $50 shipment from Chain Reaction getting hung up in Customs and the company giving a massive corporate shrug about that.
    For non-LBS purchases, I've loved Western Bikeworks, and have had decent luck with Jenson.

I didn't buy from Chain Reaction when I was looking at bikes because of the Customs issue; bought here from Spokes instead.

I had always had iffy luck with Nashbar, but I did want to replace the cycling sandals I got from them like 10 years ago.

Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I've ordered a lot from Western Bikeworks as well. They have a wide selection. They will also price match although I've found that their prices are already super competitive. They have super sales on stuff sometimes. For most things though, I go to Conte's in Old Town and special order from Bill.

7. Likes bmif liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had good luck with Universal Cycles for things that I didn't want to special order through the LBS and have gotten some pretty good prices on things. (And since I don't have a favorite LBS, I don't feel quite as guilty as I otherwise might.)
    Last edited by LhasaCM; 02-06-2019 at 03:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Bike Tires Direct has been good to me, and they sell MUCH more than tires. I got a sweet showers pass jacket off of them recently that was at least $50 cheaper than anywhere else was selling the jacket for, and it shipped fast. Like Nashbar, they do random huge discounts, so you never really know what you're going to find until you look.

10. Likes LhasaCM, Crickey7, Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Universal Cycles, JensonUSA, and ModernBike.com have all been good for me, including custom wheels from UC.

12. Likes LhasaCM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by Starduster; 02-16-2019 at 09:40 AM.