Likes Likes:  20
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CptJohnC/Chris Maimone Passing and Funeral Info

Post Thanks / Like

Default CptJohnC/Chris Maimone Passing and Funeral Info

All,

CptJohnC (here)/ManyModeCommute (twitter and instagram), formally known as Chris Maimone passed away. Chris was a coworker of mine, and it always brought a smile to my face when I'd see his bike with his freezing saddles hang tag parked at work since I knew I wasn't the only crazy person at HHS.

Bikenetic posted some info from his wife. I'm going to try to make his funeral on Monday. If anyone needs a ride, let me know. I can meet you at any metro station between Braddock Rd station and the Church, or if the weather is nice we can bike down together.
    ------------------
    "I am hoping you can help me spread the word to his bicycling community in the hopes that anyone who knew him and was touched by his life will join us in saying goodbye. Our children and I would love to meet any of his bicycling friends who can join us at any of the events below at which we will be celebrating his life.

Sunday, 28 October, 3:00 - 6:00pm:
    Visitation/Wake will be held at Money and King Funeral Home, 171 W. Maple Ave., Vienna, VA 22180 (intersection of Rte. 123 and Lawyers Rd.)

Monday, 29 October, 10:30 - 11:30am
    Visitation will be held at St. Leo the Great Catholic Church, 3700 Old Lee Hwy., Fairfax, VA 22030

Monday, 29 October, 11:30am
    Service: Funeral Mass at St. Leo the Great Catholic Church, 3700 Old Lee Hwy., Fairfax, VA 22030

Monday, 29 October, ~1:00pm
    Luncheon reception following the funeral, St. Luke Catholic Church, 7001 Georgetown Pike, McLean, VA 22101

Tuesday, 30 October, 11:00am
    Burial at Quantico National Cemetery, Triangle, Virginia

His obituary can be viewed here"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting. He was my Freezing Saddles teammate in 2017 and I helped him with data for numerous pointless prizes. I met him at numerous bikey events. He was an easily likable guy and he will be missed.

3. Likes Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Im still so stunned by this news. A great guy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Likes Judd, Starduster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Chris was also a good friend of my brother's, they knew each other through youth ministry in the Catholic church. When we finally met at the FS final happy hour a couple of years ago, he sought me out specifically so I wouldn't be just "Paul's sister" (story of my life) anymore.

This fall Chris ran the Army Ten Miler the day after riding the Seagull Century. The very next weekend, he ran a half marathon in Baltimore. The next day he suffered a heart attack. When it's your time.....

RIP Chris, you'll be greatly missed. My brother and I will be there on Monday as well.

7. Likes Judd, streetsmarts, Starduster, huskerdont liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Goddamnit... this is terrible. I met Chris a couple of times at FS happy hours and we were teammates in 2015. I also liked reading his posts on here and on twitter. He was incredibly easy to talk to and supportive of everyone he met.

Post Thanks / Like

I am so very sorry to see this sad news. Chris used to pass by me occasionally on my commutes and always slowed down to say hi and chat for a minute. Really nice person.

Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Shocked and sad to hear this. I only met Chris briefly during Freezing Saddles this year. He was always positive and friendly on Twitter and relished living up to his Twitter handle by being multimodal during his commute. He was incredibly thankful when I donated to his ALS fundraising ride at Seagull Century this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Chris was the kind of person who made you feel like his best friend every time you saw him, even if you didn’t see him very often. I don’t know how he did it. I’ll miss him.

12. Likes jrenaut, Sunyata liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I volunteered at BikeDC with Chris and as soon as we saw the diminished crowds at registration we got on our bikes and rode the ride...such a beautiful person Im shocked and saddened by this news!
    Erin Id like to go with you...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know a good route to bike to the funeral? Seems like it would be a good tribute to Chris to ride there.

15. Likes CBGanimal, jrenaut liked this post