Likes Likes:  34
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 14-th bridge ramp closure on the DC side --- Done tomorrow 10/26!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bentbike33 View Post
    The pavement past the light pole could have been extended a bit further down the hill before cutting left,
    I agree with this. I almost ran off the pavement as I was coming through there the first time, as the straw makes it hard to tell where the pavement ends. I can't imagine adding a little more pavement would have added but a trivial amount of money to the project.

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

"Where is that triangle they were talking about at Coffee Club?"

"Wait, did I just flat?"

"Oh, that's the triangle they were talking about, glad I didn't flat"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zsionakides View Post
    I agree with this. I almost ran off the pavement as I was coming through there the first time, as the straw makes it hard to tell where the pavement ends. I can't imagine adding a little more pavement would have added but a trivial amount of money to the project.
    I had the same thought. Enough so that I wonder if they're planning on relocating the whole huge sign superstructure that spans the highway. That would get the post out of the middle of the trail. Dare to dream. I still can't believe that cyclists careening down those steps isn't a daily occurrence.

At least the new curb cuts that discharge onto East Basin Drive south of the Jefferson are wider. You can actually almost execute the turn.

4. Likes ursus liked this post
    lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan von Buckingham View Post
    I had the same thought. Enough so that I wonder if they're planning on relocating the whole huge sign superstructure that spans the highway. That would get the post out of the middle of the trail. Dare to dream. I still can't believe that cyclists careening down those steps isn't a daily occurrence.

At least the new curb cuts that discharge onto East Basin Drive south of the Jefferson are wider. You can actually almost execute the turn.

My understanding is that NPS plans to redo all the signs on the bridge within - not sure, the next decade I guess - and when that is done, the post in the trail will be moved. Not sooner.

6. Likes ursus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dasgeh View Post
    It's the stairs I fear the most, when I'm biking in the Virginia-bound direction with my kids.
    I am more than happy that no one went *down* the stairs during my shop rides! Especially at night!

8. Likes dasgeh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthemark View Post
    My understanding is that NPS plans to redo all the signs on the bridge within - not sure, the next decade I guess - and when that is done, the post in the trail will be moved. Not sooner.
    Which will, no doubt, involve repaving the ramp ...