Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Ride through Rosslyn?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ride through Rosslyn?

County staff and the Rosslyn BID presented results of Core of Rosslyn Transportation Study, which incorporated all transportation improvements recommended in the Rosslyn Sector Plan. Most notably, this includes adding a LOT of protected bike lanes and the two-waying of Lynn Street and Fort Myer Drive. The results of the Concept 1 analysis show significant increases in gridlock in the Rosslyn core study area and increased conflicts for people walking.

View the meeting display boards (in pdf format)

The County is currently asking for feedback because the of the vehicle traffic impacts. If you'd like to see better biking in Rosslyn, it would be great if you could check out the display boards and take the survey below by Friday, Oct. 19, 2018.

Open the feedback form

2. Likes Sunyata liked this post
    dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, wait. I just realized that the two-waying of Fort Myer, and the moving of GWMP access from Lynn to Fort Myer would CLONE THE INTERSECTION OF DOOM.

I don't think we want two intersections of doom...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dasgeh View Post
    Oh, wait. I just realized that the two-waying of Fort Myer, and the moving of GWMP access from Lynn to Fort Myer would CLONE THE INTERSECTION OF DOOM.

I don't think we want two intersections of doom...
    I'm wondering why the IOD has a low stress, "Most Comfortable" rating on their chart.

I enter/exit my building on N. Kent - so I'm happy to see the addition of bike lanes on Wilson & 19th (almost?) all the way to Kent. Oh, wait - 2030. I'll be retired by then.

5. Likes dasgeh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by accordioneur View Post
    Oh, wait - 2030. I'll be retired by then.
    I think providing comments about the near term needs for better bikeways through Rosslyn BEFORE 2030 is perfectly appropriate to mention.

7. Likes Judd, Sunyata, dasgeh, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One of their questions,

4. Which option would you prefer on N Lynn St?

Does anyone notice that Option 2 has two-way car traffic but only a same-size, one-way bike lane (5')? Not good. Option 2 also has less sidewalk space, which if used by in-bound bicyclists causes danger. And Option 2's two-way traffic creates more danger to bicycles and pedestrians anyway. This would be a bad move all around for everyone but cars passing through.

Vote "Option 1" on Q4!