Likes Likes:  39
Dislikes Dislikes:  8
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dry Mill Road

Post Thanks / Like

Wow.

Words fail me. I had not realized the scope of it all until seeing these pictures. I am so happy you are ok.

Post Thanks / Like

I still can't understand how the bike took such a major hit, and somehow I didn't. I'm grateful to be here. It doesn't make any of what happened right, but I certainly wouldn't trade the outcome.

The pictures are shocking, I hesitated even to post them. I really do look and feel a lot better than I should. Thanks again for all the good wishes.

As an antidote to that dark place I uploaded a big sappy gallery of Vaya leaning against stuff. New bike day, first snow ride, Arlington art, Climate Ride, coffeeneuring, touring, commuting, etc.

https://ginacico.smugmug.com/Bikes

3. Likes Starduster, huskerdont, dasgeh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, the deputy sheriff who wrote the citation asked me to remind cyclists riding the W&OD in Loudoun County that they should stop at road crossings where there are stop signs.

I told him I'm all for it and promised to relay that message, if he reminds local drivers they're not supposed to hit us. Fair is fair.

I might have sassed at the ER nurse who seemed concerned that my blood pressure was elevated, also.

5. Likes consularrider, LhasaCM, Emm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ginacico View Post
    Also, the deputy sheriff who wrote the citation asked me to remind cyclists riding the W&OD in Loudoun County that they should stop at road crossings where there are stop signs.

7. Likes dasgeh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

WHAT THE FUCK. (Sorry for the language, but SERIOUSLY!?)

Does this deputy tell every person involved in a crash to remind other road users to follow the law?

9. Likes huskerdont, dasgeh, MrTinDC, consularrider liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's insane. Yeah, before we send you off to the hospital because some asshat in a car couldn't be bothered to not run over people, can I ask you to tell all the cyclists in the area to stop at the stop signs in some other place?

I've now had my quota of anger for the day, and it's not even 9 a.m.

11. Likes consularrider liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

...Yeah, that sounds like Loudoun County alright.

13. Likes ginacico liked this post
    dasgeh is online now Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

So glad that it wasn't worse, and I'm amazed at your resilience to all this. And especially at your calm in the face of the officer. Un-freaking-believable.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you contacted the motorist's insurance company yet? You need to be assertive to receive just compensation for injuries and other damages. That bike is toast, though there are a few tasty parts of it that can be put to good use.
    It should be the value to actually replace the bicycle with the same make, and a model comparable in the product line if the Travel is no longer offered, or the all medical expenses, and other expenses ancillary to the incident. You may need a lawyer if the insurance company fails to honor its commitment to coverage of damages.

Post Thanks / Like

It looked like the frame had couplings installed too. Hope you include them in the cost of the replacement bike. They aren't cheap.