Likes Likes:  33
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bikes on the Metro During Rush Hour - WABA Petition

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mstone View Post
    What I'm trying to say is that you seem to think that bikes on metro is something that's too important to let any other concern derail it. Conversely, I think bikes on metro is a nice to have, but metro is in no position to implement that well. I'd rather preserve the status quo than see a half-assed unsafe policy change--and I don't think it's at all reasonable to demand that WMATA spend money on this when there are more pressing issues facing the system. There is no policy that metro can implement that will allow bikes at all times without degrading the safety and convenience of a larger fraction of riders.
    But that's not what I'm trying to say. The question (should we allow bikes on Metro) is being asked, and I think we should look at data, not just limited experience, in forming an answer.

You seem intent in reading anything I type in the worst (to you) possible light. It's been going on for years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dasgeh View Post
    You seem intent in reading anything I type in the worst (to you) possible light. It's been going on for years.
    Sure, couldn't possibly be a legitimate difference of opinion on a policy issue, must be personal.

Post Thanks / Like

"The question (should we allow bikes on Metro [during rush hour]) is being asked..."

FTFY. Bikes are already allowed on Metro.

4. Likes dasgeh liked this post
    lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mstone View Post
    What I'm trying to say is that you seem to think that bikes on metro is something that's too important to let any other concern derail it. Conversely, I think bikes on metro is a nice to have, but metro is in no position to implement that well. I'd rather preserve the status quo than see a half-assed unsafe policy change--and I don't think it's at all reasonable to demand that WMATA spend money on this when there are more pressing issues facing the system. There is no policy that metro can implement that will allow bikes at all times without degrading the safety and convenience of a larger fraction of riders.

Do you have a problem with a pilot to allow bikes on at all times on Fridays?

6. Likes dasgeh liked this post