Likes Likes:  34
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 50 States Ride this Saturday, September 8

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by streetsmarts View Post
    Question about bags for a ride like this-

I haven't done many of these longer rides. I like to be prepared with food, a rain jacket, maybe a change of clothes (and I'm riding there). What bag do you all use for this?
    These are the different options I use, depending on how much I need to carry:
    1. Jersey pockets
    2. Small bento box that sits on my top tube, can hold about two granola bars
    3. Burrito handlebar bag, can hold two full-size burritos (yes, I've tested this)
    4. Lightweight string backpack
    5. Small sling backpack
    6. Full-size backpack
    7. Panniers

I'm volunteering at the ride start and would be happy to bring items # 2-5 if you want to test them out for the day. Just let me know.

2. Likes streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks @Komorebi!! That's so kind. Could I try your burrito bag tomorrow? I'll probably still bring a pannier but I'd love to try that. See you in the morning!

Thanks all for volunteering !

(and i'm sure hoping this achiness I'm feeling is not illness coming on ) I am really looking forward to the ride!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks @Komorebi!! That's so kind. Could I try your burrito bag tomorrow? I'll probably still bring a pannier but I'd love to try that. See you in the morning!

Thanks all for volunteering !

(and i'm sure hoping this achiness I'm feeling is not illness coming on ) I am really looking forward to the ride!
    Sure, I'll bring the burrito bag tomorrow morning. Just be aware that it's only water resistant, not waterproof. You'll probably want to bring some ziploc or plastic bags for your clothes and anything else you want to keep dry.

I hope the achiness goes away soon!
    Last edited by komorebi; 09-07-2018 at 04:25 PM. Reason: I know my consonants, yes I do.

5. Likes streetsmarts, LhasaCM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

To komorebi's list, I'll add the following less traditional ideas into the "carrying stuff on a bike" spectrum:
    1a. Cargo bib shorts (surprisingly useful)
    2a to 3a. (depending on size) - Seat/saddle bags
    7a. Rack trunk (doesn't work when trailercycle is attached)

Unlike Josh, I'm not ELITE (and I loathe riding with a backpack) so I have racks permanently installed to accomodate 7 or 7a. For a longer ride like tomorrow, I'll probably go with 7a. and just overpack.

7. Likes streetsmarts, Nadine, Kitty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes. And I always overpack too. Better to have more than you need right?!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

9. Likes Nadine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SarahBee View Post
    My only regret about this ride - besides it raining every year- is that it conflicts with Rejiís ride that looks really really fun... whomp whomp.
    What's Reji's ride? Do you have a link? I have a hard time finding stuff here.... And I missed signing up for the 50 states ride because I've had this gut problem & have been playing it by ear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

reji's ride is at http://bikearlingtonforum.com/showth...on-September-8 (should be a very easy start location for you )

12. Likes Nadine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys! I'm also riding tomorrow and marshalling the full route. It is looking like somewhere in the middle of it will be Kali's 10,000th mile! It will also be my last 50 States for a while, so I hope to enjoy it with as many folks as possible!

If I don't see you on the route, then I can't wait to see you at the after party!

Question about bags for a ride like this-
    I haven't done many of these longer rides. I like to be prepared with food, a rain jacket, maybe a change of clothes (and I'm riding there). What bag do you all use for this?
    This is the one ride where I make it a point to bring a bag for dry clothes if nothing else and emergency supplies (snacks, first aid kit etc.). I usually opt for my trunk bag because RACKS ROCK!

14. Likes streetsmarts, LhasaCM liked this post
    Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by komorebi View Post
    These are the different options I use, depending on how much I need to carry:

3. Burrito handlebar bag, can hold two full-size burritos (yes, I've tested this)
    Komorebi also has a Burrito Bandolier. Itís capable of holding 10 burritos for longer rides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Likes LhasaCM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fun times. Thanks to WABA and volunteers!
    I can barely move.... so sore and tired.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

18. Likes LhasaCM, Rootchopper, Steve O, Kitty liked this post