Likes Likes:  27
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ebikes!

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buschwacker View Post
    I haven't ridden a CaBi Plus yet, but your experience may be the result of a defective cadence sensor on that bike.
    This is a really good point. I suspect that either the cadence sensors are a point of failure for the Cabi+, or they're using sensors with an insufficient number of magnets to get smooth power delivery. I know that Radpower Bikes used to have something like a 7 point cadence sensor (so 7 magnets) and people found the power delivery jerky, but the newer models have a 12 point sensor and it's pretty seamless.

2. Likes buschwacker, Judd liked this post
    Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

From an interview with William Shatner, 87 years old, in the LA Times:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes dasgeh, MrTinDC, Emm, secstate liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    From an interview with William Shatner, 87 years old, in the LA Times:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My problem with this quote is the last half sentence... "I go back to my car when the bike ride's over"...

6. Likes Judd, dasgeh, Emm, smb9600 liked this post
    Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sunyata View Post
    My problem with this quote is the last half sentence... "I go back to my car when the bike ride's over"...
    True. But even Captain Kirk can not fix California Car Culture on his own.

8. Likes bkingva liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I finally managed to capture a CaBi Plus in the wild! (Previous attempts had ended with everything from five different ones disappearing while I was racing from dock to dock, to the time someone had spread dog poop all over one.)

The good news: I was able to ride it all the way to Bethesda (although unfortunately, the nearest dock is still over a mile from my house). Having had to stop all my Jump bike rides at the DC border, this was a big improvement.

The bad news: What is with those saddles? I was biking in a dress, and the saddle chafed the inside of my thighs so badly that I was having to hobble into the house and apply diaper rash ointment when I got home. This has never happened with a Jump bike.

If CaBi ever gets enough Plus bikes so I have a reasonable chance of getting one on any given night, I will definitely get an annual membership. However, I'd better keep some bike tights at the office, because that chafing was a major pain!