Likes Likes:  43
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ebikes!

Post Thanks / Like

WTOP are reporting Lyft will go ahead with returning CaBi+ Pedelecs to the streets this fall.

2. Likes buschwacker liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

San Francisco is running out of patience with Lyft/Motivate and has warned Lyft the city will revoke their ebikeshare operating permit if they do not provide SFMTA with an explanation for the battery fires in July or return Bay Wheels ebikes to service by October 15.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
    WTOP are reporting Lyft will go ahead with returning CaBi+ Pedelecs to the streets this fall.
    So did CaBi put their E-Bikes back in operation? I tried this link that Judd posted, but I don't see any after clicking on few stations.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by n18 View Post
    So did CaBi put their E-Bikes back in operation?
    Mark Sussman thinks February https://twitter.com/msussmania/statu...63710905393152

Might be delayed if there is any difficulty meeting San Francisco's demand on Lyft to add a further 4,000 ebikes to the Bay Wheels fleet by April, and Lyft are changing their battery supplier (as well as fixing the brake issue that caused the CaBi+ withdrawal) https://www.bicycleretailer.com/indu...ause-found-not
    Last edited by Dewey; 11-11-2019 at 06:53 PM.

6. Likes buschwacker, n18 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As much as I liked the Jump bikes ( before Uber bought them ) I suspect that the viability of rental E bikes is limited. The bikes require too much hands on care in charging and maintenance to be sustainable. Even worse in the long run is that someone will sooner or later realize that the external plastic battery packs are worth about $500 and vandalism / theft will likely go much higher than the kids hot-wiring a couple of scooters phenomena. This grousing is more about seeing CaBi put more resources in to filling in the blanks in their current dock locations. Large parts of the city and close in burbs are underserved by CaBi as it is.
    Last edited by Riley Casey; 11-26-2019 at 06:43 PM.

lordofthemark is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riley Casey View Post
    As much as I liked the Jump bikes ( before Uber bought them ) I suspect that the viability of rental E bikes is limited. The bikes require too much hands on care in charging and maintenance to be sustainable. Even worse in the long run is that someone will sooner or later realize that the external plastic battery packs are worth about $500 and vandalism / theft will likely go much higher than the kids hot-wiring a couple of scooters phenomena. This grousing is more about seeing CaBi put more resources in to filling in the blanks in their current dock locations. Large parts of the city and close in burbs are underserved by CaBi as it is.

The locations are determined and the stations installed by the jurisdictions. There have been delays in NoVa as the locales wrestle with VDOT (funding pass through) interpretation of fed mandated procurement regs.

9. Likes jen_stoly liked this post