Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Crash on W&OD in Vienna

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crash on W&OD in Vienna

Passed through a scene at the intersection of Church Street and the W&OD in Vienna just before 6:00pm this evening. I didnít stop because there were several pedestrians attending to the victim, who was sitting up and conversing with them, as well as a few folks on their cell phones. Two cars had stopped in the northbound lane, so I assume thatís where the accident occurred. As I continued through Vienna, I could hear emergency vehicles, which may have been en route to the scene.

2. Likes streetsmarts liked this post
    Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dkel View Post
    Passed through a scene at the intersection of Church Street and the W&OD in Vienna just before 6:00pm this evening. I didnít stop because there were several pedestrians attending to the victim, who was sitting up and conversing with them, as well as a few folks on their cell phones. Two cars had stopped in the northbound lane, so I assume thatís where the accident occurred. As I continued through Vienna, I could hear emergency vehicles, which may have been en route to the scene.
    Had a flyby with dkel. Got to the crash site just as the fire department was showing up. Cyclist was conscious and sitting on the ground. Appears to have been hit in the crosswalk from the position of the car and where the cyclist was on the ground.

Hope that heís not permanently injured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes streetsmarts, josh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have noticed that the traffic on Church ST is unusually high for the stores around. Following cars, I see they use it to get to/from Lawyers RD, which you can see from the W&OD instersection(Google Maps link). Apparently rolling through stop signs is preferred over Maple Ave even when the traffic is light.

I hope that the cyclists suffered only pride injury, and/or heal quickly.

Post Thanks / Like

Update below. Victory for cyclist who must have come to a full stop before proceeding .

https://www.viennava.gov/Archive.aspx?AMID=38
    (See Aug 31 link, posted below for convenience)

Church Street and W&OD Bike Trail, NE

18-006990
    August 24 6:01 p.m.
    Vehicle-1 was stopped on eastbound Church Street at the bike trail. As Driver-1 proceeded into the intersection, he struck Vehicle-2 (a bicycle) as it was traveling across Church Street on the trail. Driver-1 was issued a summons charging Failure to Pay Full Time and Attention.

7. Likes hozn liked this post