Likes Likes:  46
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Let's talk about e scooters

baiskeli is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sjclaeys View Post
    "Peter's Take" weekly column in ArlNOW is on e-scooters: https://www.arlnow.com/2018/08/23/pe...vehicle-pilot/ (posting does not necessarily constitute endorsement or agreement). For those not familiar with ArlNOW's weekly columnists, Peter's column seems to reflect the establishment Democratic point of view, since ArlNOW has a separate "Progressive" column.
    As I recall, Peter's Take was supposed to be the liberal/progessive column to match the conservative one, but Peter came down so conservative on so many issues that they added the Progressive column. Just sayin. Thanks for the article.

2. Likes dasgeh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bike Snob NYC Outside article on sharable e-Scooters in Portland.

https://www.outsideonline.com/234080...-cons-bikesnob

4. Likes Steve O, secstate, Dewey, lordofthemark liked this post
    dasgeh is online now Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlexandriaBiker View Post
    A little late to this party but I will throw my .02 in here. I fully support scooters and e-bikes and want to see them in the bike lanes. Anything we can do to increase demand for "alternative transportation lanes" makes them more viable for the community. And scooters and e-bikes offer transportation to people that dont have or dont want access to cars. Yes the riders dont follow the law all the time and that is unfortunate. The same is true for drivers of large gas powered vehicles and that is unfortunate too.
    Some people are a$$hats and they will be a$$hats on whatever tool they have available to them. Not news, and not a reason to be against escooters generally, in my book.

6. Likes streetsmarts, Steve O liked this post
    lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Sobering article in the Post about e-scooters maintenance issues, I was surprised to read about the wide open throttle (WOT) problem, as an ebike owner I would have thought these scooters would have motor inhibitors on the brake levers to cut the power each time the rider pulls a brake lever. https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.03f0390e5ab4