Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Bike Angel - how to move a bike using a bike?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bike Angel - how to move a bike using a bike?

Hi all,
    So I joined the Bike Angel program and began earning points in my DC neighborhood on dog walks. Works out pretty well if the stations are not too far apart but with the weather so hot I just walk the bike so the dog doesn't overheat.

But ideally I'd like to balance stations farther apart. So the solution I figure is to use my bike to get around quickly to stations - the trick is, of course, how to ride two bikes at once. I found this question/answer on bike stack exchange: https://bicycles.stackexchange.com/q...cle-by-bicycle

So my steel bike is too heavy/awkward to sling over my arm (15lbs).
    And my bike does have a rack but attempts today to mount a 45 lb Cabi bike proved too heavy for a bungie cord. Also the fork of the Cabi threatened to drag on my back tire even if I did manage to secure the Cabi tire to my rack.
    Finally, trying to ghost ride my bike with one hand while riding Cabi proved difficult due to the height difference of the bikes. (Maybe I just suck at this).

So I'm willing to buy a gadget or two to make this easier to either tow my bike with a Cabi or tow a Cabi with my bike. Any ideas?

2. Likes Judd liked this post
    Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

How easy/hard is it to walk the CaBi and dog at the same time?

Ghost riding another bike exceeds my personal risk tolerance level although I thought about it for Bike Angel purposes.

I did a little bit of googling today to determine if a folding scooter was a feasible option. I didnít get as far as measuring if one would fit in a CaBi basket yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Very easy to walk the CaBi and dog at the same time. And when dog needs to do his business the CaBi has a kickstand. Only problem is the limited range, but right now it's the only workable option for me.

5. Likes Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We used to do this a lot when I was young. We'd ride one bike, and hold the handlebars of the other bike next to us so that it would move alongside us on a parallel path. It wasn't the easiest thing to do and it took a bit of concentration. However, I also grew up in a quiet beach town where the speed limit was for the most part 25 mph, and bikes were generally welcome.

7. Likes Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Level 1:

Post Thanks / Like

Level 2:

10. Likes Judd liked this post