Likes Likes:  17
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Protected Bike Lane on Quincy btwn 9th and Wilson

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KWL View Post
    Did you see the speed limit for Route 1 near Potomac Yard is being pulled down from 35mph to 25mph? THAT should be a revenue generator for the city.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/alexand...ase-to-25-mph/

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    That’s going to be rough without some engineering changes. I drive a car on King St last weekend (also 25) and it took deliberate effort to obey the speed limit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its a wider road than King Street. OTOH the massing of the buildings is already starting to give it an urban appearance, which also contributes to traffic calming, IIUC.

3. Likes Judd liked this post
    Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    That’s going to be rough without some engineering changes. I drive a car on King St last weekend (also 25) and it took deliberate effort to obey the speed limit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I feel your pain. We have a lot of 30 km per hour (18 mph) zones in Germany with speed cameras. These are not school zones, just residential neighborhoods, some on quite wide streets. I'm just waiting for the Consulate to get notification of my ticket on my bike.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by consularrider View Post
    I feel your pain. We have a lot of 30 km per hour (18 mph) zones in Germany with speed cameras. These are not school zones, just residential neighborhoods, some on quite wide streets. I'm just waiting for the Consulate to get notification of my ticket on my bike.
    Scofflaw cyclist ignoring the speedlimit.....

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brett L. View Post
    Scofflaw cyclist ignoring the speedlimit.....
    That's ok, I still get passed by 100% of the car drivers. It was fun at midnight having all the speeders on Adicksallee slow down for the two block 30 km speed limit in the work zone for the Frankfurt School of Fiance and Management just before you get to the city (Google maps mistranslates "Stadt" as "state") police headquarters. Props to Frankfurt for putting in a west bound bike lane there when they closed the sidewalk and cycletrack there for the construction. I think there is a speed camera.
    Last edited by consularrider; 08-17-2018 at 03:36 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by consularrider View Post
    We have a lot of 30 km per hour (18 mph) zones in Germany with speed cameras. These are not school zones, just residential neighborhoods, some on quite wide streets. I'm just waiting for the Consulate to get notification of my ticket on my bike.
    Pictures or it didn't happen!

Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

WABA just published a blog post about the Quincy Protected Bike Lane. It includes a link to send a note to the County. My comment noted that I hadn't ever deliberately visited Ballston in the five years I've lived here and I've been three times since the PBL was installed and have spent money each time.

http://www.waba.org/blog/2018/09/arl...lyer-ballston/

9. Likes LhasaCM, dasgeh, consularrider liked this post