Likes Likes:  30
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: August 2018 - Road & Trail Conditions

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huberww View Post
    There is also a growing problem at that spot, which is where the Foundry Branch Trail connects with the CCT. The construction crew prettied things up by adding some skip laurel shrubs as landscaping, which looks very nice right now. Unfortunately, those shrubs will grow pretty fast by next spring and will block CCT riders' vision of anyone attempting to enter the trail at that intersection. Any ideas on what organization should be contacted to address this future vision obstruction? Spacing the bushes further apart might help...
    They're slowing you down for your own safety. You're welcome.

2. Likes Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The sewer bypass project on Four Mile Run continues. Pipe has been laid out all the way from the S/W Glebe intersection to Eads.

Where the pipe crosses the trail between Mt Vernon and the treatment plant, theyíve built THIS to navigate over it. Itís solid, it has stripes and a non-skid surface, and huge signs warning you of its presence. When theyíve gone to such lengths to keep the trail open when possible, itís hard to complain about the periods when itís not.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	93465C8E-CD60-47D7-AC68-E703CF04FE93.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	18259
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B2479B5F-2A06-43F4-9C7F-DD55440A1DBF.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	18260

The section between S/W Glebe and S Troy is still detoured to the sidewalk. People seem to be coping with it, despite it being so narrow. Stay safe.

4. Likes huskerdont, Sunyata, dasgeh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ginacico View Post
    The sewer bypass project on Four Mile Run continues. Pipe has been laid out all the way from the S/W Glebe intersection to Eads.
    Overall they've done a great job with signage, but the section along Glebe where the trail is right against the road is is VERY narrow with the pipe taking up about 1/3rd of the trail. It can feel a little scary when there is a bike coming the other direction and there is heavy car traffic. Otherwise I have no real complaints.

Post Thanks / Like

Rode this yesterday and really enjoyed the ramp. The trail really is narrow in those places where the pipe is sitting on it. And right at the sidewalk detour an e-roadbike passed me at double my speed with no warning and less than a foot of clearance. This tool has done this before, but this time I was able to catch up with him at the light so at least he is aware of what he is now since he apparently did no know.
    Last edited by huskerdont; 08-31-2018 at 12:26 PM.

7. Likes Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdont View Post
    Rode this yesterday and really enjoyed the ramp.
    Caught some air then?

I could do without the cones next to the pipe narrowing the trail even further. How about putting the cones on top of the pipe, leaning against the wall?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bentbike33 View Post
    Caught some air then?

I could do without the cones next to the pipe narrowing the trail even further. How about putting the cones on top of the pipe, leaning against the wall?
    "Wheeeeeee!"

Checked first to make sure no one was coming, and also that the lip wouldn't flat me.

10. Likes bentbike33, Steve O liked this post