Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: CaBi Launches Bike Angel Program

Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default CaBi Launches Bike Angel Program

Capital Bikeshare has launched a Bike Angel program that allows users to collect points by helping to rebalance bikes. You have to opt in on the app or website. The map on the app will then indicates points available for either taking a bike from a station or delivering a bike to a station. Motivate has operated a similar program in NYC for Citi Bikes.

Full details are here:
    https://www.capitalbikeshare.com/bikeangels

2. Likes Brett L., Erin Potter, secstate liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Really enjoyed this article about one of New York City's most devoted Angels.

4. Likes Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bike Angel

If I used CaBi more, I'd become a Bike Angel in a second. I've been spending some time in NYC, so I bought a Citibike annual membership and signed up as a Bike Angel. The app is really good -- not only does it tell you how many bikes and docks are available at each station, but how many Bike Angel points you would earn by taking a bike or bringing a bike back to each station. Because I was traveling in very busy areas (the West Village and Penn Station in particular), I earned a day pass for a friend in only a few days. Granted, I sometimes had to walk a few extra blocks to find an available bike or dock, but it wasn't a big deal.

6. Likes Judd liked this post
    Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

You could always sign up as a CaBi Angel for the accidental points. I moved a couple of bikes on Quincy yesterday. Itís a bit harder to score points in Arlington since thereís not quite as much station density as in DC.

rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. ~~Samuel Beckett
    Post Thanks / Like

So for fun..... as a tax attorney whether this constitutes a taxable benefit?