Likes Likes:  14
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CaBi Launches Bike Angel Program

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    If I understand this correctly, earning 20 points extends your membership by a week. A week is worth $1.63, right ($85/52 weeks)? It takes at least 4 of these moves to earn 20 points, correct?
    Correct. I'm shooting for 10-19 this month, for the transferable free 24 hour pass, to give to friends. I started my Angel journey accidentally when I noticed that I could get a point for docking just a few blocks farther away than I intended. Then I noticed I could get another point if I walked four blocks and biked back. In the end it was a nice way to see more of the city both because my route lengthened and because much was on foot. The effective hourly rate is pretty bad though, even for a 4-6 point move.

No answer yet from CaBi HQ, and my 3+3 is still scored as 4 points. ☹️

2. Likes Judd, Nadine liked this post
    Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peterw_diy View Post
    In the end it was a nice way to see more of the city both because my route lengthened and because much was on foot.
    I've found this to be an unexpected benefit. I've visited little nooks of DC that I haven't seen before and I enjoy walking and seeing new things.

4. Likes Nadine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No answer yet from CaBi HQ, and my 3+3 is still scored as 4 points. ☹️
    It's been six days and I finally got a reply. Boilerplate text and the same point scoring illustration as on the CaBi website (2+1=3 etc.). No acknowledgement of my claim that both pickup and drop off were offered as +3. Nothing to suggest they looked at my screen capture showing that. Worthless and utterly disappointing.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hypothetically, 3+3=6

It's been six days and I finally got a reply. Boilerplate text and the same point scoring illustration as on the CaBi website (2+1=3 etc.).
    Last Thursday I followed up with CaBiís designated email support. No answer yet. I posed a hypothetical to CaBi Twitter and they replied that, yes, 3+3 should earn 6 points.

To continue the whining, no, when they write that "24-Hour passes and membership extensions will be emailed as soon as they're earned.", they don't mean when you earn that 10th point. Or even when the month closes - it's the 5th of the month and I've received no email about my reward.

I love CaBi's graphics and marketing, but their customer service is really rather poor IME.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hypothetically, 3+3=6

It's been six days and I finally got a reply. Boilerplate text and the same point scoring illustration as on the CaBi website (2+1=3 etc.).
    Last Thursday I followed up with CaBiís designated email support. No answer yet. I posed a hypothetical to CaBi Twitter and they replied (after 6 days, pretty glacial for Twitter) that, yes, 3+3 should earn 6 points.

To continue my griping, when they write that "24-Hour passes and membership extensions will be emailed as soon as they're earned.", apparently they don't mean when you earn that 10th point, nor even when the month closes - it's the 5th of the month and I've received no email about my reward.

Post Thanks / Like

To continue my griping, when they write that "24-Hour passes and membership extensions will be emailed as soon as they're earned.", apparently they don't mean when you earn that 10th point, nor even when the month closes - it's the 5th of the month and I've received no email about my reward.
    Strange I got the 24 hour pass e-mail within minutes of earning my tenth point last month. Iíve had mostly great customer service experiences and one meh experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    Strange I got the 24 hour pass e-mail within minutes of earning my tenth point last month. Iíve had mostly great customer service experiences and one meh experience.
    Also Iíve read a few other stories about great service by phone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    Thanks for letting me know. So it seems I just keep encountering software flaws. When I hit my 10th point (after 3+3=4) I got the expected app notification telling me I'd hit 10 for August & 10 lifetime, but that was all. ☹️

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for letting me know. So it seems I just keep encountering software flaws. When I hit my 10th point (after 3+3=4) I got the expected app notification telling me I'd hit 10 for August & 10 lifetime, but that was all. ☹️
    Even when I've refreshed the app immediately before taking out or docking a bike, I've experienced several occasions where I earn fewer points than what the app showed. I chalked it up to there being some sort of lag between the app and traffic at the docking stations. Since the points are an added bonus for my ordinary use of CaBi, the discrepancies haven't bothered me too much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dbehrend View Post
    Even when I've refreshed the app immediately before taking out or docking a bike, I've experienced several occasions where I earn fewer points than what the app showed. I chalked it up to there being some sort of lag between the app and traffic at the docking stations.
    https://help.capitalbikeshare.com/hc...Earning-points says
    Station points "freeze" when you start your trip, so the points you'll earn will not change mid-trip. Even if the scores you see displayed change while you're mid-trip, you will earn the points that were available when your trip began.
    But yeah, clearly my experience also is that it doesn't work as advertised.