Likes Likes:  76
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Pumpkin Ride 2018

Post Thanks / Like

I can teach everyone how to turn a pair of tan coveralls into a Ghostbusters costume and make proton packs out of trash.

And I promise, once you have a pair of tan coveralls with Ghostbusters details, you will want to wear them everywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'm gonna register. Maybe for the 67-- though that means I'll have to do some longer rides to get ready. Or maybe the 53 miles.

Does anyone want to do the 53 miles with me? Also, I'd be interested in carpooling since I have no car. Happy to help with gas $.

3. Likes Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Erin Potter View Post
    I can teach everyone how to turn a pair of tan coveralls into a Ghostbusters costume and make proton packs out of trash.

And I promise, once you have a pair of tan coveralls with Ghostbusters details, you will want to wear them everywhere.
    I cannt get Erin's link to work, but these may be cheaper: https://shop.opticsplanet.com/tru-sp...UaAjPZEALw_wcB

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by streetsmarts View Post
    Well, I'm gonna register. Maybe for the 67-- though that means I'll have to do some longer rides to get ready. Or maybe the 53 miles.

Does anyone want to do the 53 miles with me? Also, I'd be interested in carpooling since I have no car. Happy to help with gas $.
    I did the full 67 miles last year. Prior to that I had basically been doing my 20 mile round trip (about as irregularly as usual) Plus I did one half of Boundary Stones two weeks before. And a few semi long weekend rides. I hope to ride it this year and would be happy to ride with you on the 67 or on any part (the food stops tend to break it up into several segments)

I will also need a ride, unless I want to deal with putting the wheels back on the bike when I get there
    Last edited by lordofthemark; 08-09-2018 at 01:03 PM.

6. Likes streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthemark View Post
    I did the full 67 miles last year. Prior to that I had basically been doing my 20 mile round trip (about as irregularly as usual) Plus I did one half of Boundary Stones two weeks before. And a few semi long weekend rides. I hope to ride it this year and would be happy to ride with you on the 67 or on any part (the food stops tend to break it up into several segments)

I will also need a ride, unless I want to deal with putting the wheels back on the bike when I get there
    That sounds great!! I think i'll try to do the 67 with you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AFHokie View Post
    I cannt get Erin's link to work, but these may be cheaper: https://shop.opticsplanet.com/tru-sp...UaAjPZEALw_wcB

Oh boo! The ones from my link are $29.90 with free shipping. Maybe just pasting the link will work: http://www.bargainchildrensclothing.com/38102.html

And they are for adults, despite the parent website name of "Bargain Children's Clothing"...

9. Likes streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea.

I'm dressing as the sexy secretary from the 2016 movie though, I deserve it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Erin Potter View Post
    Oh boo! The ones from my link are $29.90 with free shipping. Maybe just pasting the link will work: http://www.bargainchildrensclothing.com/38102.html

And they are for adults, despite the parent website name of "Bargain Children's Clothing"...
    Not to nitpick, but the uniforms they wore in the movie were desert tan flight suits

12. Likes streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AFHokie View Post
    Not to nitpick, but the uniforms they wore in the movie were desert tan flight suits

I'm afraid you are going to be sorely disappointed in my "made from recycling and an old colander" proton pack...

Also, which movie? There are two sets of GB to choose from here.

14. Likes Judd, streetsmarts liked this post
    Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm officially signed up now.

16. Likes Steve O liked this post