Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Columbia Pike at Washington Blvd close call (Arlington)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Columbia Pike at Washington Blvd close call (Arlington)

Saw a cyclist almost get smacked by a car going straight in the right turn only lane this morning. A regular occurrence here, of course.

I rarely see ACPD doing enforcement here in the past few years. I did see a bunch of them in Pentagon City dealing with the after-effects of an accident.

Post Thanks / Like

A pedestrian was killed at this intersection either earlier this month or late last month. I use this ramp on my commute to work. Despite the much better signage, it's still confusing to a lot of drivers that the right lane is right turn only in the mornings during rush hour. And I'm sure some drivers know but just ignore it. Would be great if you could have a cop directing traffic.

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chuxtr View Post
    A pedestrian was killed at this intersection either earlier this month or late last month. I use this ramp on my commute to work. Despite the much better signage, it's still confusing to a lot of drivers that the right lane is right turn only in the mornings during rush hour. And I'm sure some drivers know but just ignore it. Would be great if you could have a cop directing traffic.
    Police direct traffic in Rosslyn in the mornings, so it wouldn't be unprecedented. Please let ACPD know what you saw and any suggestions you have -- police@arlingtonva.us

rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. ~~Samuel Beckett
    Post Thanks / Like

Ftfy
    Quote Originally Posted by elbows View Post
    i rarely see acpd doing enforcement.