Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Met Branch Trail Groundbreaking

Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Met Branch Trail Groundbreaking

Thereís a groundbreaking ceremony tomorrow for the Met Branch Trail Extension. The ceremony starts at 10 and is scheduled to run until 11.

Iím planning on attending and then trying to have a beer with LhasaCM tomorrow at a to be determined location based on when beer things open.

Full details on the ceremony are here: https://www.metbranchtrail-forttotte...coming-events/

2. Likes jrenaut, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tried to look up the location on google maps. The poster says it's on NPS land between 1st place NE and gallatin st NE. Google thinks those two streets are pretty far apart. Any more detailed info on location?

4. Likes Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. Thatís not a very good description. It looks like using the Mammie Lee Community Garden at 330 Gallatin St NE will get you to the right place.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    Yeah. That’s not a very good description. It looks like using the Mammie Lee Community Garden at 330 Gallatin St NE will get you to the right place.
    It should be something like that; I was thinking they were referring to the path that connects from where Gallatin dead ends just east of Fort Totten Drive (that address) to 1st Pl NE alongside Fort Totten Park. (So basically- the south end of the park, maybe closer to 1st where it's flatter/by Metro/etc.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LhasaCM View Post
    It should be something like that; I was thinking they were referring to the path that connects from where Gallatin dead ends just east of Fort Totten Drive (that address) to 1st Pl NE alongside Fort Totten Park. (So basically- the south end of the park, maybe closer to 1st where it's flatter/by Metro/etc.)
    My plan is to To that address and then look for people with bikes or ceremonial shovels. I imagine it will be staged next to the path between Gallatin and 1st Pl.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    My plan is to To that address and then look for people with bikes or ceremonial shovels. I imagine it will be staged next to the path between Gallatin and 1st Pl.
    Agreed, though I'll probably come from the other direction - 5235 1st Pl NE on Google Maps (I'm pretty wiped out this week, and that would be slightly less climbing overall from where I am)

Post Thanks / Like

FYI - the Eventbrite page (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/metropo...on-48379174413) has the groundbreaking occurring near the Mamie D. Lee Community Garden, so Judd's address will work well (or, if you're coming from the east, my address and then up the path).