Likes Likes:  20
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: E-Bike options! Juiced vs Stromer

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    Can we keep the arguing about e-bikes in the “Let’s argue about e-bikes thread?” Like TwoWheels, I’m interested and seeing how ebubar likes his sweet new bike and how it performs as the temperature drops.

Arguments about ebikes are as hard to contain as ebikes themselves.

2. Likes Judd, sjclaeys, hozn liked this post
    TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    how it performs as the temperature drops.
    Ah shit...I forgot about the cold weather factor. I can charge the battery inside overnight but itíll have to stay outside while Iím at work. Thankfully, I donít think my commute will be pushing anywhere near maximum range, so I expect Iíll be okay in winter. Also, having boost for my PM commute is much less important.

4. Likes Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What have I started! I personally ride the bike wherever I please. If I'm on bike paths, I just stay in eco mode. It's not like I can't ride a regular bike just as fast as an ebike. I just can't do that 5 days a week without a little motor help. This far the bike has been great! One charge can take me on the full round trip which was my goal. I plan to charge daily at work and home however to keep the battery in the ideal 20 to 80 percent charge window. The literature suggests this will vastly increase the useful charge cycles I can get. The bike has made cruising at 28 mph quite easy. The real benefit has been on uphills where it helps me maintain a decent speed without being exhausted and allows me to take the lane with confidence on Lee Highway. Now I just need to find the best way to cut through DC as the traffic light starting and stopping really wants into my time.

6. Likes dasgeh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDC View Post
    Ah shit...I forgot about the cold weather factor. I can charge the battery inside overnight but it’ll have to stay outside while I’m at work. Thankfully, I don’t think my commute will be pushing anywhere near maximum range, so I expect I’ll be okay in winter. Also, having boost for my PM commute is much less important.
    Agreed! I am confident that the cold weather will sap some power, but with a round-trip being doable I think a one way trip and charging at each end will make it usable throughout the winter.

Post Thanks / Like

In cold weather keep the battery indoors when not riding, maybe try a neoprene sleeve if you’re out riding for a few hours. https://www.fahrer-berlin.de/en/e-bi...er-akku-cover/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
    In cold weather keep the battery indoors when not riding, maybe try a neoprene sleeve if youíre out riding for a few hours. https://www.fahrer-berlin.de/en/e-bi...er-akku-cover/
    I'm lucky and have an understanding other who permits my bikes to always remain indoors and I have a nice large research lab that has space for a bike at work. Best parking spot on campus!

10. Likes Judd liked this post