Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: July 2018 Road & Trail Conditions

Post Thanks / Like

Default July 2018 Road & Trail Conditions

Starting this thread off with a note received about Custis Trail work:

"On 7/13 AND 7/16, a contractor for VDOT will be inspecting the underside of the I-66 WB bridge at Custis Trail (between Westover Park and Bon Air Park). Work will start at 9:30 am and should be complete before 3:00 pm. Inspectors will be looking at and photographing the bottom of the bridge deck, with some inspection happening internally. Ladders to access the bridge will be present, as well as vehicle." We've been told any lane closures will be well-signed, but the trail will remain open during work.
    Last edited by Erin Potter; 07-12-2018 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Construction timeline changed

2. Likes dasgeh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The rebuild of the bridge over Four Mile Run at Van Buren St. in Falls Church looks to be all finished, but the roadblocks remain. Any idea when it will open up for traffic again?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bentbike33 View Post
    The rebuild of the bridge over Four Mile Run at Van Buren St. in Falls Church looks to be all finished, but the roadblocks remain. Any idea when it will open up for traffic again?
    I haven't heard anything recently, but will certainly send an email and see if any of ArlCo planning staff has heard anything. Project page says June of 2018, but there is a contact listed: James Mak at 703-248-5105 or via email at jmak@fallschurchva,gov.

5. Likes dasgeh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Erin Potter View Post
    I haven't heard anything recently, but will certainly send an email and see if any of ArlCo planning staff has heard anything. Project page says June of 2018, but there is a contact listed: James Mak at 703-248-5105 or via email at jmak@fallschurchva,gov.
    Update: I've been told the project is, as it seems, almost completed. There are a few more things happening, and then there needs to be a final walk-through with VDOT and relevant parties, but if all goes well, should be reopened within a week or so.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bentbike33 View Post
    It was open today, and I rode across it.

8. Likes lordofthemark, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ursus View Post
    It was open today, and I rode across it.
    Me too.

10. Likes Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

ART closed this morning for some sort of digging project. Trying to get details. Laurie just called Bladensburg waterfront marina folks. WSSC is doing work in the area but was supposed to provide workarounds.