Likes Likes:  22
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: July 2018 Road & Trail Conditions

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dasgeh View Post
    *dca

Expect any trail that floods to be flooded, by the looks of things. Also expect traffic to be a cluster.
    Fixed. Thanks, I don't know why I do that. And I did it when I was talking to my wife, too.

Post Thanks / Like

3. Likes dasgeh liked this post
    dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    They also said they saved all the *pedestrians* from the *cars*. um...

5. Likes josh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Following up, Laurie was told this project was all finished this afternoon so no lingering impact for commuters.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbelt View Post
    ART closed this morning for some sort of digging project. Trying to get details. Laurie just called Bladensburg waterfront marina folks. WSSC is doing work in the area but was supposed to provide workarounds.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    According to Twitter, GW Parkway is flooded at DCA. Likely to affect MVT as well.
    yep, it was flooded on the road last night on my commute home. there was some debris on the trail, still there this morning. what was more dangerous though were the cars that decided to start bailing out of the GW parkway by driving up the grass and across the MVT intersection with the 4MRT to get over onto the airport road.

Post Thanks / Like

The "wet spot" on the ART was fixed yesterday quickly. The gravel patchwork is well done. There was a lot of concern yesterday morning about the sudden closure (the work arounds are miles out of the way) but they got the work done before the afternoon commute.

9. Likes jrenaut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I rode the C&O between Great Falls and Seneca. The part where I had to walk last month has been fixed enough so one can ride. Due to it not being completely smooth, Tuesday's rain caused some puddles to form. No big problems. It probably was worse yesterday.

I returned over WF, then the W&OD and the MV trail to the 14th St bridge. Big question -- when did they turn the portajohns around at the north end of DCA? And why?

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ursus View Post
    ...I returned over WF, then the W&OD and the MV trail to the 14th St bridge. Big question -- when did they turn the portajohns around at the north end of DCA? And why?
    I saw the portajohn turned around two weeks ago. I assumed it was to change the traffic pattern. Too often someone exiting the portajohn would step out directly on the trail. I might also keep the aroma from wafting across the trail so strongly on a hot day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ursus View Post
    Big question -- when did they turn the portajohns around at the north end of DCA? And why?
    Not sure when, but the why is probably to reduce the risk of oxygen-starved users from staggering onto the trail into the path of cyclists.

13. Likes huskerdont liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Something fluid hit my face while the truck was cleaning the portajohns with the new configuration. I don't really want to know what it was.