Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Happy Hour at the Folk Life festival today! 630 to 830

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Happy Hour at the Folk Life festival today! 630 to 830

I'll be at the festival this afternoon; it's free, on the National Mall (for those who don't know) http:s//festival.si.edu.

There's food, wine and beer, and a talk re Armenia and Its Diaspora at 5 at a stage in front of the Museum of American History.

Around 6:00 I plan to get food, then go to the free concert 6:30 to 8:30 at the main stage, on the mall at 12th St.

Concert - 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
    Green Fields of America
    Celebrate the fortieth anniversary of the legendary Irish American music and dance ensemble Green Fields of America. Founded by renowned musician, folklorist, and musicologist Mick Moloney, the group has been showcasing Irish America’s finest traditional musicians, singers, and dancers to audiences across the United States since 1978.... Enjoy the virtuosic artistry of NEA National Heritage Fellow Mick Moloney on tenor banjo, mandolin, guitar, and vocals; Athena Tergis on fiddle; Liz Hanley on fiddle and vocals; NEA National Heritage Fellow Billy McComiskey on button accordion; Niall O’Leary’s step dancing; and special guest artist Brenda Castles on concertina.

I love especially the button accordion and Concertina!!

Also of note:
    Artisanal Gelato *
    Apricot ᵛ
    Cherry ᵛ
    Chocolate
    Mango ᵛ
    Pomegranate ᵛ

Adult Gelato Pops ᵛ
    Apricot Brandy
    Mojito
    Sangria
    Strawberry Chadonnay
    Last edited by streetsmarts; 07-06-2018 at 11:31 AM.