Likes Likes:  14
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Folding Bikes on Metro

Post Thanks / Like

Try WMATA Contact Metro form, not Twitter or station managers. I had better luck with them in the past. Station managers can't change policy, and it seems they don't forward such issues to the management. Make sure that you mention how it's different for women, and how station managers interpret the rules. The management might issue an update to station managers that help people in your situation.

Also, regarding Asthma, you might want check the Mucus-less diet, which helps makes the mucus more water-like(less viscous) and less dense as opposed to honey-like. Check this link, and scroll to the food list. Basically, the more you avoid red meat and diary, the thinner your mucus and your blood will be, you would have less congestion, breath easier, and your blood pressure would get lower since it's easier for the heart to pump thinner fluids. I have tried it loosely for a time and it worked for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like this will no longer be an issue:

WIN!

Starting next week, Metro customers will be able to bring their bikes with them on the train – at any time – as Metro ends a longstanding restriction that prohibited bicycles during rush hours.

The policy change, which takes effect Monday, is expected to make Metrorail a more attractive travel option for reverse commuters (i.e. customers traveling outbound in the morning and inbound in the evening) who want to take their bike to travel between the rail station and their workplace.

Metro reviewed its policy and determined that it could respond to requests from the bicycling community by ending the rush-hour bike restriction without significant negative effects. The review took into account that the majority of rush-hour trains are 8 cars in length (the longest possible), and that new 7000-series trains provide more open space.

“We received requests from Washington Area Bicyclist Association (WABA) and others in the bicycle community asking us to take a fresh look at our policy,” said Metro Chief Operating Officer Joe Leader. “We believe this change supports ridership growth by Metro a commuting option for those who want to have a bike with them.”

3. Likes dasgeh, buschwacker, KWL, Lt. Dan liked this post