Likes Likes:  22
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Bicycle Fun Club: Sound of Music Singalong at Wolf Trap Saturday 6/16

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bicycle Fun Club: Sound of Music Singalong at Wolf Trap Saturday 6/16

Nuns! Nuns on bikes! Nuns singing "Climb Every Mountain," which I have been known to belt out during hill rides!

I bought a lawn ticket for this Saturday's Sound of Music Singalong at Wolf Trap. If you'd like to join me, buy your general-seating lawn tickets and RSVP here. https://www.wolftrap.org/tickets/cal...616show18.aspx

The costume contest starts at 7:15 p.m., and the movie at 7:40 p.m. I plan to get picnic supplies at the Vienna Whole Foods and roll out from there around 6:15 p.m. It's a 4-mile ride from the Whole Foods to Wolf Trap, https://ridewithgps.com/routes/27772464.

Bring lights and a lock, and a lawn chair if you've got one. I'll have a picnic blanket to share.

Post Thanks / Like

Dear God, I mentioned this to my sister and she went nuts. 2 questions: Can I bring in a bunch of beer? How is doing a long bike ride in lederhosen?

3. Likes streetsmarts, kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rimas View Post
    Dear God, I mentioned this to my sister and she went nuts. 2 questions: Can I bring in a bunch of beer? How is doing a long bike ride in lederhosen?
    Yes to the beer! Just no kegs, and no coolers larger than 48 quarts. If you're planning to sit in the covered area (i.e., not on the lawn), you'll need to transfer the beer to an official Wolf Trap Pavilion Cup that you can buy there.

I've never tried biking in lederhosen, but I'm guessing it's more aero than biking in a dirndl.

5. Likes Rimas, kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We went to the singalong in Rehoboth years ago. [A trip to ] Goodwill got us a Maria costume (me) , Mother Superior costume (Mom- I heard she said "Bless you my child" in the ladies' room ) and something for my niece to wear. I had a guitar too!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by streetsmarts; 06-13-2018 at 02:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by komorebi View Post
    Nuns! Nuns on bikes! Nuns singing "Climb Every Mountain," which I have been known to belt out during hill rides!
    You gave me an ear worm. My whole commute home, which is mostly uphill, I was singing in my head the few lines I can remember of the song. Same thing on the couple of hills on the way in today too. I am not sure if this is better or worse than whatever else would have been in my head. Admittedly last week, after crossing paths with a deer (likely a doe at that), I was singing "Doe, a deer a female deer...."

8. Likes streetsmarts, komorebi, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fxbooks and I are in!

10. Likes komorebi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG I want to goooo! Curse having plans in with I need to feed people dinner at my home that night.

Maybe I'll just go to the CC Fridays at the Fountain tomorrow and sing until someone buys me a beer to stop...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

12. Likes Emm, kwarkentien, Sunyata liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll be there too~! I also will plan to get food at the Vienna Whole Foods and roll out from there at 6:15. Looking forward!!

14. Likes komorebi liked this post