Likes Likes:  35
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: June 2018 Road & Trail Conditions

Post Thanks / Like

Sarcastically, I was cleaning up the mud just before I read this thread

Post Thanks / Like

Part of the sidewalk on the south side of G between 13th and 14th NW is closed so pedestrians are walking in the bike lane. Because of the construction barriers, you can't see them as they leave the sidewalk and start to enter the bike lane -- I almost took someone out this am (rather, they almost took ME out).

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tania View Post
    Part of the sidewalk on the south side of G between 13th and 14th NW is closed so pedestrians are walking in the bike lane. Because of the construction barriers, you can't see them as they leave the sidewalk and start to enter the bike lane -- I almost took someone out this am (rather, they almost took ME out).
    Sounds like a Safe Accomodation violation that you can tweet at DDOT about.

Post Thanks / Like

They've also had a steel plate there for a few weeks. There used to be a cone there (because cones fix everything) but I don't recall seeing it lately. The edge of the plate is strategically placed about half-way into the bike lane. Luckily, with the bike lane full o' pedestrians (usually the construction workers themselves at my time of morning), you'll be out in the traffic lane anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdont View Post
    They've also had a steel plate there for a few weeks. There used to be a cone there (because cones fix everything) but I don't recall seeing it lately. The edge of the plate is strategically placed about half-way into the bike lane. Luckily, with the bike lane full o' pedestrians (usually the construction workers themselves at my time of morning), you'll be out in the traffic lane anyway.
    I think the guy who sleeps on the path south of the Georgetown waterfront took the cone, so people stop running over his head in the dark, which as far as that goes is not a bad outcome.

6. Likes streetsmarts, Steve O liked this post