Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: May 2018 Road & Trail Conditions

Post Thanks / Like

Default May 2018 Road & Trail Conditions

Another reason not to ride on the sidewalk: This AM in Rosslyn.

Post Thanks / Like

For those who train on the hills in the Franklin Park Neighborhood, be advised that a speed hump has been added to Franklin Ave. between Elliot and Lorraine. Practice your bunny hops.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know how long the one-lane bridge on Montevideo Road in Seneca, Maryland over Dry Seneca Creek will be out of service?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Goslings are out! Beware the parents.

Spotted goslings this morning along the MVT. Only one family grouping, but I would guess more are out there. Time to watch for the over protective parents who like to attack trail users.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mud and Debris on W&OD and Four Mile Run

Lots of mud and debris this morning in the dark underpasses on the W&OD and Four Mile Run Trails (under I-395 and Glebe are quite muddy, some mud and debris on W&OD at Bluemont/Wilson Blvd and much debris at Carlin Springs). These could be very hazardous on Friday's Bike to Work Day with the high volume of bikers, many of whom are not experienced.

I sent an email to NOVA Parks and a message to Arlington County through its contact page asking them to try to clean these up, or at least post warning signs about these hazards. But if anyone has any better ways to get attention to these problems, perhaps a crisis or two could be averted.

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huberww View Post
    Lots of mud and debris this morning in the dark underpasses on the W&OD and Four Mile Run Trails (under I-395 and Glebe are quite muddy, some mud and debris on W&OD at Bluemont/Wilson Blvd and much debris at Carlin Springs). These could be very hazardous on Friday's Bike to Work Day with the high volume of bikers, many of whom are not experienced.

I sent an email to NOVA Parks and a message to Arlington County through its contact page asking them to try to clean these up, or at least post warning signs about these hazards. But if anyone has any better ways to get attention to these problems, perhaps a crisis or two could be averted.
    From my morning B2WW ride, Approaching Carlin Springs underpass Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01762.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	17909

Approaching Wilson Blvd underpass Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01761.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	17910

rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. ~~Samuel Beckett
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huberww View Post

Im confused. Are you saying that you consider mud to be a hazard??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rcannon100 View Post
    i’m confused. Are you saying that you consider ‘mud’ to be a hazard??

Where is my ELITE button?!
    Last edited by Sunyata; 05-16-2018 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Forum software does not like it when I yell.

rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. ~~Samuel Beckett
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sunyata View Post
    Where is my ELITE button?!
    Dude parks his ELITE plastic bike next to mine at the office and BOY does he whine if I get the SLIGHTEST bit of mud on his spandex-toy!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Tree down on MVT just north of Trollheim (just south of parking lot and trail to Roosevelt Island).
    Covered in vines (none looked like poison ivy) and a bit tall/wide so can be difficult to cross, especially with bikes catching on the vines.
    I believe I sent a message to NPS (one is never sure with those forms).