Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Pedego Alexandria opening event 4/28

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pedego Alexandria opening event 4/28

New ebike store Pedego in Old Town Alexandria are having their official opening event tomorrow Saturday 4/28 from 10am-6pm. Free ebike rides.

Post Thanks / Like

Went to the opening event today and their demo ebikes were well organized, they had a Yepp seat on the back of one which my 2yo got to try first time on the back of a bike - the Stretch cargo ebike set up with a rack cushion, two 24” wheel ebikes for shorter people which my wife got to try out, the trike, plus their regular line of cruisers and eMTBs

3. 04-28-2018, 07:19 PM

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
    the Stretch cargo ebike set up with a rack cushion, two 24” wheel ebikes for shorter people which my wife got to try out
    Just fyi, cargo bikes have lower wheels to bring the center of gravity of the cargo lower, making the bike more stable. It's just a bonus that they work for shorter people

Post Thanks / Like

That bonus is helpful with suspension seatposts, the vertical travel often requires lowering the seatpost a couple of inches of height, a bike with 24" wheels can make a difference. My wife is 5'7" and the 24" wheeled Pedego ebike she sat on had a Cirrus BodyFloat Kinekt seatpost but she was able to sit while stationary with both feet on the ground which she prefers.